Houston's Top Places 2007

I will be moving to Houston from Corpus Christi in a couple of months (thank gawd i'm getting out of here :D ), anyway, what are some of the places i should check out when i move there? I know tourists attractions are one thing, but where do Houston residents go to just get out the house, go shopping, etc.

What part of town are you moving too?

If you live inside the loop, grab breakfast and empire cafe on westheimer and then continue on to the galleria to do some shopping. If you have a dog, make sure to take him or her to one of the dog parks in town. My favorite is the Westpark one. After you shower up, take a nap, because dinner at Chuy's takes awhile, but is worth the wait. Grab a movie at the Edwards on Wesleyan or try out the Radio Music Theatre comedy show at Kirby and Richmond. Grab a drink or two in the village, and head home. Its been a long fun day.

• 2 weeks later...

You can always go to the Town Square and enjoy a drink at Sherlocks. I've always enjoyed my Friday lunches there.

Inside the loop, try the following:

Breakfast = The Daily Grind

Quick Lunch = El Rey

Long Lunch = Barnaby's or Daily Review

Dinner = too many to list

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks alot for the suggestions, i will be going to Houston this weekend and will deff. have to check out some of the places mentioned. I was there on Saturday and i got to venture to The Woodlands; really nice. It deff. lived up to the hype. Went shopping at the Woodlands Mall and afterwards, just drove around the area. At then end, i ate a Saltgrass (best chicken fried steak i've had so far).

Thanks alot for the suggestions, i will be going to Houston this weekend and will deff. have to check out some of the places mentioned. I was there on Saturday and i got to venture to The Woodlands; really nice. It deff. lived up to the hype. Went shopping at the Woodlands Mall and afterwards, just drove around the area. At then end, i ate a Saltgrass (best chicken fried steak i've had so far).

for the best chicken fried steak i gotta recommend "goode's armadillo palace" on kirby near hwy 59..they also have great live texas music every nite......

then next door is goode co. bbq....some of the best!

• 2 weeks later...