97.5 FM

Ethanra

is 24hr ESPN radio now... Mike and Mike in the Morning adnd the Dan Patrick Show will broadcast live daily. Local sports and traffic will have a spot every 20 min. This will make it three 24hr sports radio stations in Houston.

is 24hr ESPN radio now... Mike and Mike in the Morning adnd the Dan Patrick Show will broadcast live daily. Local sports and traffic will have a spot every 20 min. This will make it three 24hr sports radio stations in Houston.

I predict this is going to fail and fail miserably. ESPN is horrific and getting worse everyday. I sure don't watch their East Coast biased TV network, so why in the world would I want to listen to their New York/Boston-centric radio broadcast?

There's a reason why they do so well in the Northeast... because that's all they cover. So essentially, if you live in New York or Boston and tune into ESPN, it's pretty much local programming.

But if you live Houston and want to hear about the Astros/Texans and Rockets, it ain't gonna be on 97.5.

Sure, some national sports talk shows do pretty good. But mainly, as in the case of Jim Rome, it's because they have some kind of entertaining schtick. However, if you live in a major league town (which Houston is) you want to hear about the local teams.

Wasn't 97.5FM a talk format? It was pretty bad, but don't know enough about ESPN Radio to say it will do better or worse.

Yes, it had Shannon and Pruetts from KLOL, i wonder if they will go to 103.7 FM KIOL

They probably won't talk about Houston Dynamo even though we have MLS, but will talk about the New York Rangers even though we don't have the NHL. What would be the point of listening?

I agree; it's gonna be all NYC/Boston oriented, unless if there's some trash-talking from a Houston team, which rarely ever happens.

So all those cheesey shows like Neil Bortz and Phil Valentine are still on or no?

They weren't all cheesy. Clark Howard (the consumer advocate) was on in the evenings, but they weren't doing so hot with advertising, you'd hear a bunch of PSAs in a row.

Did you ever check out their excellent flash website (the old one)? Here's the Google cache: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:pEx4L...lient=firefox-a

They had some interesting stuff on the weekends too... I was thinking advertising on "Supernatural Saturday Night".

But a talk station on the FM dial is blowing against the wind, unless they're a PBS affiliate.

They had some interesting stuff on the weekends too... I was thinking advertising on "Supernatural Saturday Night".

I remember that with the gypsy lady with the accent.

They also had that tart from from Carmen's Secreto and sidekick from the former KRBE morning show Johny Bravo.

So they lost their shows I assume?

Yes, it had Shannon and Pruetts from KLOL, i wonder if they will go to 103.7 FM KIOL

I used to love listening to Shannon and Pruett during my afternoon drive home from work. Then they moved them to the morning, and I didn't listen to them. I really miss them in the afternoon. I hope they pop up again on talk radio somewhere.

Archived