New Developments Going Up

That was guess that wanted to know that, but thanks! What is a Tax Credit Apt anyway? Is it like the projects?

Here's HAIF's previous discussion on the place, Canal Place.

I wouldn't call them "projects", but there are real "projects" around the corner at Clayton Homes. These are 21st century anti-gentrification projects where "diversity" in incomes is arranged so that, hopefully, the "bad element" never gets the upper hand. I have hope that they will never degenerate too far due to their being a stone's throw from DT.

Should tax incentives be given to provide for their development though? I think Mayor White loves this kind of stuff.

That was guess that wanted to know that, but thanks! What is a Tax Credit Apt anyway? Is it like the projects?

This one will have some market-rate units mixed in with others leased to lower-income households at a rate that is below-market. The City touts it as "workforce housing", and it is better than Section 8, but it'll probably be slummy in pretty short order.

They look like High Rise Condos that are going to be very nice. They need to put more of these in the Spring

I know you also mentioned the Woodlands, but really, I wanted to highlight your comment. . . Spring???. . .right. . . :rolleyes:

Spring will never get anything like this.

Edited by Pumapayam

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to New Developments Going Up