Downtown Fireworks On Saturday Night

wendyps

Does anyone know anything about fireworks downtown tonight? There was just a BIG rumble and pop and bomb somewhere SouthEast of Downtown (couldn't see anything from NW of downtown). It was kinda freaky actually. Reminds me that scary things can happen anytime. I just would've thought a display of the size I heard would have been advertised more...I'm still worried something bad happened...

Its thunder from Montgomery County maybe?

edit; not picking up any lighting static on my Short wave radio.

Bush Airport sure is busy maybe its Hobby airport your hearing.

no, it definatly wasn't thunder. it sounded like a good 15 - 20 min of a grand finale. at first i thought it might be a fancy schmancy wedding, but it lasted too long. I could definatley see some, but not alot, on the other side of DT.

I'm hearing nonstop air traffic coming out of the big airport every 5 seconds never heard this much traffic in the 7 months i lived here.

This seems to happen regularly. I don't think it's coming from downtown though, as it seems to come from southeast of downtown.

I think UH may have a fireworks display after games at Robertson Stadium at their Central Campus (45 and Spur 5). Sometimes I hear marching bands preceed the fireworks. I've only noticed it happen on Friday and Saturday nights. It's really loud whatever it is.

turns out it probably came from toyota center. not sure why - the aeros lost

a friend said that the streets were filled with smoke (from the fireworks, presumably) and there were firetrucks, etc

by the time i was in the area it was all over, but i could hear the bangs from the dunlavy/westheimer area

who knows, though - might have been a real fire by toyota center! :blush:

• The title was changed to Downtown Fireworks On Saturday Night?
  • The title was changed to Downtown Fireworks On Saturday Night

Archived