Local School District Superintendents' Salaries

Chris

I'll spend two cents here. I live in Klein and have some really close ties to the school district here and fel that some are taking their positions seriously and some are not. And the feedback I hear about Klein's Super is he is not earning his money. In fact I feel that way about some, but not all on the school board as well. There is a severe leadership problem with the klein district and it is really going to come to light when this zoning issue passes with all the grumbling from residents but the board will pass what ever Tom Ricker, (who is not qualified for the current position he holds imo) puts in front of them because few will take the effort to actually make their own assesment. But is start with Jim Cain. It is truly pathetic and come voting time I hope people in the district take a hard look at who their representation is and how they are utilizing their tax dollars.

Can we really blame the technique of the teacher? No, blame TAAS or whatever it is now...In 2000 we stop about 2 times a class and hear "this is required for the Taas." I passed, graduated and this taas test is where?(how did it benefit me?) What a waste. I'm in college now, i can't believe teachers "hand out" grades...Yes, it's true.

Trae, What is Atlanta South Forums? Did you really create that website? Why does it talk about Atlanta? Just wondering, Hope you don't mind me asking.

Thats like asking why does this site talk about Houston? I made it.

• 2 months later...

Abe Saavedra, Houston ISD's Superintendent just recently recieved a salary increase from $278,100 to $301,100. That is a major increase. HISD Board members said he deserved every penny of it for all his hard work put into the state's largest public school district. Maybe he does deserve it, but I don't think HISD is one of the better school districts in Houston's Harris County.

I'd rather pay our government and elected officials more than have them corrupted by outside influence. Still, I think even that would be too much to hope for, because there's so much money involved. A hundred extra thousand in salary means nothing compared to a half million or a million in a blind trust in exchange for a multi-million dollar contract.

Edited by mrfootball

• The title was changed to Local School District Superintendents' Salaries