Champions Green: Multifamily At 14141 Champions Dr.

mrfootball

Does Dallas do this as well? What about Austin? Do they like to sandwich these lowlifes in among nicer areas or are their local governments more accessible to the concerns of the actual taxpayers?

Something i have been told--------

A good indicator of an apartment complex that may be in financial trouble and may allow for gov. assistance and or people to rent there that dont have a good credit score is the amount of discounts they offer. Things like $99 move in or 2 months free rent with one year lease etc etc etc.

Actually, there are lots of apartments in this area that have been functioning nicely alongside the Champions area homeowners.

Champion Woods, Champions Park, Raveneaux, Cypress Commons, Chasewood, Prestonwood Apts, The Lodge, The Retreat, Sendera Champions Forest, Copper Creek, Brookfield, Champion Oaks, and everything else along Wunderlich, are just some I can name off the top of my head.

Heading west on FM 1960 towards Champions DR., on the north side of the street, there is a wall. I dont care whats happens south or east of that wall. Anything south or east of that wall is not my neighborhood. Now if we can only pick up these apts. and move them to the outside of that wall :lol::lol::lol:

A good indicator of an apartment complex that may be in financial trouble and may allow for gov. assistance and or people to rent there that dont have a good credit score is the amount of discounts they offer. Things like $99 move in or 2 months free rent with one year lease etc etc etc.

Concessions can affect apartments of all levels of quality. The highest concessions I've ever seen were for the Alexan Lofts, where at one time they were giving out 3 months of free rent on a 13-month lease as well as a free plasma screen TV. However, Alexan Lofts were run by a good management company and had an institutional owner that was interested in the long-term viability of the property. They know that once the tenant base turns sour, it is incredibly costly to turn it back. Instant Class B status.

Complexes with poor management or small-time owners that have too much of a short-run focus often make that mistake, though. Rarely, though, do they go seeking government assistance while they're in financial distress. Most incentive programs are for new construction or significant rehabilitation projects.

Concessions can affect apartments of all levels of quality. The highest concessions I've ever seen were for the Alexan Lofts, where at one time they were giving out 3 months of free rent on a 13-month lease as well as a free plasma screen TV.

Were they offering these discounts with the regular rent of $480+ per month? I should think not!!

Or Less??

MrFootball- not all renters who shoot someone in the stomach are lowlifes. Everyone gets the urge to pull out the gun every now and then, and sometimes people just get angry and need to vent. Okay, I'm kidding, but you can't say that everyone in that complex is a low life just because one guy shoots someone. Just remove the one guy and everything goes back to normal, until you have to remove the next guy.

And I suppose you think that they'll just disappear into thin air? :huh:

Exactly. They'll just come somewhere else, like my relatively quite apartment complex.

Real solutions do not include just bulldozing or putting people out. That just compounds it.

Heading west on FM 1960 towards Champions DR., on the north side of the street, there is a wall. I dont care whats happens south or east of that wall. Anything south or east of that wall is not my neighborhood. Now if we can only pick up these apts. and move them to the outside of that wall :lol::lol::lol:

That's really silly. You have to eventually come out of your wall (or gated community if you prefer). Just like the folks in Kingwood and the Woodlands are learning, you cannot 'escape' crime by fleeing it. It will eventually find you.

That's really silly. You have to eventually come out of your wall (or gated community if you prefer). Just like the folks in Kingwood and the Woodlands are learning, you cannot 'escape' crime by fleeing it. It will eventually find you.

Nah, the only thing silly is capitulation.

BTW, its holiday season and i dont leave my gated community unless it is REALLY necessary. The traffic on FM 1960 is a complete nightmare this time of year. :lol::lol:

• The title was changed to Champions Green: Multifamily At 14141 Champions Dr.

Archived