Skinny Models no more?

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Looks like the European countries and Brazil are following each other in cracking down on skinny models. I dont think they should ban skinny models, but i do think they should have more models with some "junk" in the trunk. :D:D:D Afterall, ultra skinny women dont give birth to healthy children or do they?!?

Italy issues new code to stop ultra-skinny models

ROME, Dec 16 (Reuters Life!) - Italy's government and its fashion chiefs issued a manifesto on Saturday to crack down on the use of ultra-thin teenagers on the catwalk, requiring models to show proof of their good health or be barred from fashion shows.

The charter also bans the use of models who are under the age of 16, saying they risk "sending the wrong message to girls of the same age in the delicate pre-puberty stage."

The manifesto, which will be officially signed next week, was drawn up as pressure grows on the fashion world to promote healthier looks..........

more here http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/italy_fashion_anorexia_dc

There are starving children in West Virginia, but the U.S. Congress passes laws honoring vegetables-of-the-day.

You can't run a country by tackling one problem at a time. You have to do what you can to get them all. Trying something is often better than trying nothing.

There are starving children in West Virginia, but the U.S. Congress passes laws honoring vegetables-of-the-day.

You can't run a country by tackling one problem at a time. You have to do what you can to get them all. Trying something is often better than trying nothing.

guess i do not see skinny models as something that needs to be regulated.

I like some junk in the trunk and have nothing against fat people. This isnt a scientific method, but, on the rare chance that my family and i go to a restaurant to eat---if there are not some fat people in there, we dont stay! No fat people is a sign that the food is bad, usually over priced and not worth it. :D:D:D

A restaurant filled with skinny minis equal bad food at high prices ad small portions.

I like some junk in the trunk and have nothing against fat people. This isnt a scientific method, but, on the rare chance that my family and i go to a restaurant to eat---if there are not some fat people in there, we dont stay! No fat people is a sign that the food is bad, usually over priced and not worth it. :D:D:D

A restaurant filled with skinny minis equal bad food at high prices ad small portions.

Agree: Cases in point are Dot Diner and Frank's Grill.

I can get dizzy just sitting in a booth a little off to the side of the last barstool at Frank's, and staring at the fat asses pouring over the side of each, all in an orderly row. It's trippy, man, I swear.

Edited by TheNiche

So skinny people should be punished because fat people feel bad about themselves? Sheesh, get off the couch.

not exactly, but also i do not think the government should be so concerned with the weights of models. just think there is more important things going on in the world (especially brazil).