Camouflage Shag Carpet

flipper

I did some google research, but I can't find any evidence of any other Camouflage Shag Carpet on the face of the earth.

To me, it would be cool in a Mod den or hangout room. It is definetly unique!

IMG_2249.jpg

So does anyone think it would be useful to a mod owner or should I put it in the dumpster?

flipper

That's a party animals dream come true :D you cant tell if you need to vacuum, i say go with a solid color ;) toss it.

I remember a high school friend throwing up on similar shag in his bedroom after drinking too much....couldn't even tell, his mom never knew.

They'll probably start reproducing this stuff once the 70's architectural/interior style becomes popular, as it inevitably will. Right now it's the bane and laughing stock of old house restorers.

HEY ! DOn't be doggin' the Shag man, I have original 1979 in awesome condition. However, we are pulling it up after the first of the year and some big plank wood floors are going in.

2z4mm15.jpg

I'm with ya TJones,

I think it's cool. I wish I had a warehouse to keep it in. I guess it's gonna end up in the landfill though.

flipper

Historic Houston has a warehouse that finds new users for old building materials. As space permits, they say they want to add more items from the 1950s and 1960s. When you come across old items in good condition, please donate them instead of sending them to the landfill. They sell vintage plumbing, light fixtures, doors, windows, lumber, trim, appliances, etc. and even whole houses.

Archived