Strange Looking HAIF

editor

There's "View New Posts" at the top of each page. Is that what you're looking for?

Yeah, I was just suggesting that it be at the bottom of the page too. I don't wanna scroll to the top of the page. Lazy American, I know.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I was just suggesting that it be at the bottom of the page too. I don't wanna scroll to the top of the page. Lazy American, I know.

If you previously used the View new posts command, and you clicked on a post to read it, if you use the back button, it just repeats the command and the new post list will be updated. At least that;s how it works in IE 7.0. I use an explorer mouse and it has the back and forward buttons under your thumb and it achieves the same objective.

What I do is click the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page and then click my mouse's scroll wheel (or Option-click, if I'm not using the mouse) on each thread I'm interested in so they each open in a new tab. When I'm done with the thread, I either reply to it or just close the tab (Option-W).

What I do is click the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page and then click my mouse's scroll wheel (or Option-click, if I'm not using the mouse) on each thread I'm interested in so they each open in a new tab. When I'm done with the thread, I either reply to it or just close the tab (Option-W).

I didn't know i could do that. I guess you learn something new every day. B)

edit; I find my self using the today's active topics button the most

Why can you see how many people rated a topic but not a profile/person? Can this be changed?

Not that it matters, but I would let to see each one too plus the rating I got during that vote.

And no, I am not trying to start anything . . . :closedeyes:

Why can you see how many people rated a topic but not a profile/person? Can this be changed?

I'm not sure why this is the case. It's just how the programmers did it. I'm not able to change it at this point.

Editor, do profile views include views by ones self?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect they do.

LOL, that would be cheap huh, but no, it does not change, I have seen my profile 3 times to check my PM's and it is still stuck at 238.

Ah. Thanks for conducting the experiment I didn't want to.

Ah. Thanks for conducting the experiment I didn't want to.

Looking at your profile does change the view count trust me. especially when you change your Avatar or Signature alot.

• 6 months later...

Wayne, I am a member of another forum "diesel place" that has a really cool feature. When you are in the topic list you can hold your cursor over the subject and a brief preview of the initial post pops up and allows you to scan topics a little faster. Don't know if IP Board allows that type of deal, not real sure who their software provider is. might check it out and see what you think. It's really for gear heads, just a thought. (www.dieselplace.com) That place has a huge membership. A lot of tech stuff on Duramax Diesels.

Diesel Place Statistics

Threads: 160,830 | Posts: 1,644,674 | Members: 58,078

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.

IPB writes its own software, so suggestions from customers (like HAIF) are taken pretty seriously. However, they are VERY slow to make changes. They do an incredible amount of stability, cross-platform, and security testing before releasing updates. I'll see if there's something I can cobble together myself to enable something similar.

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.

IPB writes its own software, so suggestions from customers (like HAIF) are taken pretty seriously. However, they are VERY slow to make changes. They do an incredible amount of stability, cross-platform, and security testing before releasing updates. I'll see if there's something I can cobble together myself to enable something similar.

Just to let you know, I always thought this was a superior forum program compared to the other's that I've seen (I think Priuschat.com and segwaychat.com uses this same software) in use along with a good amount of bells and whistles. :)

Just to let you know, I always thought this was a superior forum program compared to the other's that I've seen (I think Priuschat.com and segwaychat.com uses this same software) in use along with a good amount of bells and whistles. :)

Sony uses it, too. The company claims NASA uses it as well, but I've never run across a forum on a NASA web site. I picked it because it looks more professional than the alternatives, and seems much more stable to me. (FWIW, 264 days 6 hours 17 minutes since we moved to the new server, and narry a hiccup). It costs more than vBulletin, but I think it's worth it. I also think the price is why you see so many other forums running other software, and not so many running IPB. (vBulletin is $160, plus $60/month for support. IPB is $300 per year, plus $30/year for support)

Customer service is very good as long as I pay the yearly fee. My only complaint is that they don't roll out new features fast enough or often enough. And sometimes they'll get half way through testing a feature and the abandon it completely (integrated wiki was one I was looking forward to).

Archived