That lost family lost in Oregon

MidtownCoog

Kim may turn out to be a hero after all. If the lesson of his ignorance is heeded by others, he may end up saving lives after all.

Ahhhhh Haaaaaa, very insightful, I said basically the same thing, as he might be a hero for being the example of what NOT to do in that given situation. Kink, we are just being Realist here, although a bit Antagonistic, your right, but there is nothing wrong with disputing the fact that he is NOT a hero in our opinions. It is VERY sad that two children will have to grow up with out a father, God forbid, that would happen to my little ones, we are simply pointing out the fact that this scenario should have never played out, it could have and should have been avoided. Unfortunatley life plays out that way sometimes to teach the rest of those who don't know better, a lesson.

Ahhhhh Haaaaaa, very insightful, I said basically the same thing, as he might be a hero for being the example of what NOT to do in that given situation. Kink, we are just being Realist here, although a bit Antagonistic, your right, but there is nothing wrong with disputing the fact that he is NOT a hero in our opinions. It is VERY sad that two children will have to grow up with out a father, God forbid, that would happen to my little ones, we are simply pointing out the fact that this scenario should have never played out, it could have and should have been avoided. Unfortunatley life plays out that way sometimes to teach the rest of those who don't know better, a lesson.

Instead of realists disputing, its more like armchairist taking cheap shots, saying he is a moron, claiming you would have done better without having been there. God forbid some of you ever encounter something similar and dies. But if you do, at least rest in peace knowing I will not take cheap shots saying how stupid you are for not making it.

Instead of realists disputing, its more like armchairist taking cheap shots, saying he is a moron, claiming you would have done better without having been there. God forbid some of you ever encounter something similar and dies. But if you do, at least rest in peace knowing I will not take cheap shots saying how stupid you are for not making it.

Thanks webdude, I appreciate that, I am sure I will meet my grisly demise some other way though. It won't be stuck in the middle of the Rockies wishing I had filled up and bought a few slim jims before we left.

grizzlycloseup.jpg

What a grisly way to go! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the spell check there, Copper. :P

Before Mr.Kim was actually found there were reports of bear tracks all around his second pair of pants that he had discarded, and it was believed that Mr.Kim could have fallen prey to one of these bears. They stepped up their efforts after finding the clothes and tracks together.

Don't get me started on the fools stuck on the mountain in DECEMBER!

MORONS!

"Most climbers take on Mount Hood in May and June, and a climb this time of year is unusual"

Why in the WORLD is this front page news on CNN? Kim and these fools are Darwin Award material.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/12/missing.c...s.ap/index.html

story.climbers.ap.jpg

What's Nacy Graceless' take on all this?

We will find out tonight, but you know how she is. She always asks,

"How could this happen!". . ."Why". . ."But Why". . ."This is unacceptable". . ."You know I am on your side, but I have to disagree"

yup, that is Nancy for ya! :lol:

I remember when a family years ago got stuck in the snow for several days, and the only thing "experts" were saying was NEVER leave your party, stick together, they WILL find you.

It is just a tragedy all around, but I wouldn't call the guy a moron or stupid. Lots of people have to make decisions that are wrong--it doesn't make them stupid, it makes them human, and unfortunately, his family has to live with the consequences. If they want to view him as a hero, if it helps them sleep at night, for God's sake, let them.

Like you are a catch Jeebus ? :P:lol: Ok, so now we have a note found at the Ranger station saying, "Hey, we brought a bunch of crap with us to survive! We think we know what we are doing." So, do you call off the search ? No, they are probably thinking just how big of an idiot each of them are for trying this in December. With the weather the way it is up there, they are probably thinking it would take 2 days up and 2 days down, but now it's been a week. Hey coog, this is a perfect example why Mr.Kim is not a hero. Here you have 3 PROFESSIONALS goin' up in the mountains in December also, and every other expert mountain climber who has done Mt. Hood are scratching their heads saying, "What the hell were they thinking?" Mr.Kim made a foolish mistake with his family that cost him the ultimate price, I am sorry to have spoken ill of the dead, I just cannot see him now or ever as a hero.

I am sorry to have spoken ill of the dead, I just cannot see him now or ever as a hero.
Agree. I, too, remembered what my mamma said about talking ill of the dead. I felt bad for a minute the other day.

Just think about all the smart dead people who never make the cover of "People".

"Hey, we brought a bunch of crap with us to survive! We think we know what we are doing."

CNN is just loving this. So these new morons brought snacks and a cell phone. CNN is a step left of "Inside Edition", et. al. So much trouble in the world, and people who bring harm to themselves is front page news.

That's my problem with all of this.

Be a moron, die, become a celebrity.

I am a man who know what it is like to live off the land best ideal is too stay put find something reflective to shine into the sky. should people who get lost and then get found pay the local County officials for wasting tax payers monies finding people who don't prepare?

should people who get lost and then get found pay the local County officials for wasting tax payers monies finding people who don't prepare?

Last I heard the National Guard is now looking for them in additon to everyone else.

I say yes. They need to pay. And one "pro" is from Dallas.

Pro mountaineers are from the mountains. Not the big city.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived