Playing with your Xmas present early may get you arrested

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Too far or not far enough  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Mom having son arrested for playing with Xmas present early

• Too far
    • Not far enough
    • Not sure

The kid needed a wake up call. He is obviously unruly, mostly because there is NO father figure in his life. I don't blame her at all. Got to nip that kind of behavior in the bud. He will most most likely foul up somewhere else down the line, but maybe this will help.

I personally would have just taken the gameboy back and said "tough shitski kid !" I told you not to mess with it, and these are the consequences.

Hey Macbro, I'll bet you'd think differently if you were to catch this same kid "rummaging" through your closet one night, while you were asleep, when he is a little older, about 17, because somebody didn't do something about his behavior when he was 12.

Edited by TJones

She said he faces an expulsion hearing at his school Wednesday. Rock Hill Police Capt. Mark Bollinger said the boy took a swing at a police officer assigned to the school last month. He has been suspended from school since then.

sounds like he's a little bit of a sh**f*ck

Edited by sevfiv

TJones....really? I agree with you that she should have taken the gameboy back, but giving your 12 year old son a record because of this is silly. BTW, hiding gifts in the closet is the first place kids look.

So, do you wait until this punk commits a real crime like shoplifting, or strongarming some other kid at school for HIS gameboy ? Or.............do you put the brakes on it instantly and get this kid some guidance before he is too far gone. I don't think the kid is gonna have a record, I'm sure the charges will be dropped this time. What is a single mother supposed to do when she feels she has exausted all other avenues ?

The Gameboy was at the great grandmother's house. He was obviously pilfering through her things and stumbled across it. Then when he was told to stop doing such things he decided he knew better and defied his mother, which I would be willing to give odds that it wasn't the first time he has done so. This kid is obviously in need of reaching out to, and hopefully this will get himt he help he needs.

Edited by TJones

Situations like this really underscore the need for a father figure in the lives of kids. A 2 parent household is best in battling things like this. I cannot even begin to think what little terrors my boys would have been without having me and the wife around. I feel sorry for the mother in this case. :(