Adult Banners invade HAIF!

Pumapayam

I finally saw the "ad" in question, I don't even see anything remotely RISQUE about it. Looks like some chick with a Haltertop on.

The haltertop is in the form of a "youtube"-ish play button. There is definately no if's and's or but's. I do not see any article of clothing.

I will take a screen shot of the ad if I see it again and just post it.

Really? I thought you had to click on the ads for them to generate revenue.

You are correct, but the more unique visitors a site gets attract more potential ad buyers, just based on the fact that more people will at least view the ad, and possibly click on it because they viewed it.

I think this all an elaborate ploy by Puma to make everyone to keep hitting the "refresh" button to see the next ad, Puma must be one of the editor's lackeys. YEA ! THAT"S THE TICKET ! I am onto you "editor" or is it Lex Luthor ? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe it has something to do with the "Global orgasm day" thread that got posted. Did anyone notice any of these ADs before that topic was started? Perhaps the title/concent is the trigger for the ads.

HAIF has ads? I wouldn't know.. I use Firefox with Adblock. Haven't seen an ad on here ever.

Before i go on vacation i just want to say something to groovehouse, thanks for cheating your way around a subscription, but i still got a faster load time than you will ever have stinkpickle.

sheesh!

i don't mind the heads up about the ads - especially at work! :ph34r:

and i really don't mind the realtor postings - most i have seen on this forum are specific to a period design, or even some not listed on HAR, which can be useful and/or interesting

sheesh!

i don't mind the heads up about the ads - especially at work! :ph34r:

and i really don't mind the realtor postings - most i have seen on this forum are specific to a period design, or even some not listed on HAR, which can be useful and/or interesting

Before i log on to this site, i see realtors and phone stuff and landscaping how too's.

You are splitting hairs Puma, I was making a joke on an old wives' tale. You took it waaaaaaayyy too literal. Regardless, just for YOU, we will make it an "Action Candy and Cola" ad, just so your head won't explode worrying about what's technically correct.

I don't even think you caught the joke to begin with. :(

The Pop Rocks urban legend began as a lame joke. Mikey was a little boy who appeared in TV ads for Life cereal.

Q: What happened when Mikey mixed Pop Rocks and Coke?

A: He lost his Life!

(told you it was lame.)

Anyway, some people didn't understand that it was a joke, which started the "Mikey died" story.

Well maybe one of these so called moderators will now close and pull this idiotic thread

If you've got a problem with a thread, try reporting it to a moderator before going off on a rant.

If you've got a problem with a moderator, take it up with the editor.

If you've got a problem with the editor, I suggest you go elsewhere.

Thread closed for review.

I know Editor needs to fund this website with all the traffic he gets, but does he really have to start using AdultFriendFinder.com as a source of income. -_-

It does not add value to the site having adult banners while browsing.

Sorry to complain, I know the most logical answer is the pay the membership fee and the problem will be solved with the ad-free HAIF, but this is the beginning of a dirty path. :unsure:

Don't apologize for complaining. You did the right thing. I didn't realize these ads were on HAIF. As you may (or may not) know, I don't sell the ads directly myself. I have companies in Massachusetts and California that do it for me. I am contacting them to root out the offending ads.

It's important that you let me know these things because not eveyone sees the same ads. For example, people have complained about some carpet or home improvement company from Houston that's had a lot of ads on HAIF lately, but I don't see them because I'm not in the Houston ADI. Instead I see a lot of Spirit Air ads targeted at Chicago. When I was in Europe I saw a lot of British Airways ads. When I was in China I saw no ads because few companies in America want to advertise to the Chinese. I haven't seen these Friend Fineder ads, so I didn't know about them.

One thing you could have done, though, would be to PM me about it. Since I'm not able to read every new post on HAIF that would have brought it to my attention a lot quicker.

I don't have too, the banners are already doing that.

I just saw the ad in question, AdultFriendFinder.com, with a sexy women laying on the bed topless in a "video player" frame with the PLAY button icon covering her nipples.

I mean, really now. . . do we need those kind of ads on this site!?!?!? :o

No, we don't.

Thanks for the more description. Neither of the ad companies that sell ads for HAIF permit nudity in any of their campaigns. If you are running Windows and haven't done it already, I suggest scanning your computer for spyware. It's just the sort of thing that can arise from an infection. These spyware companies will see incoming ads from respected companies and replace them with their own on your machine. The sort of sleazy companies that will engage in this sort of activity are the kind that can sell only sleaze.

I have checked both ad companies and I have make sure that "suggestive" ads (usually dating) are not being shown. Further, I have specifically blocked the domain in question. If you're still seeing the ads, they're not coming from HAIF.

I don't recall seeing an Adult Ad on here before.

You yourself stated that the nude woman wasn't fully exposed!

Lighten up.

No, he is correct. HAIF is a resource used by a lot of children doing research, so it is important to keep it as family-friendly as possible, except in the Off Topic areas (which are off limits to young users anyway).

Nudity is not tolerated in our ads. If anyone sees any, take a screen grab and PM it to me.

I refreshed the site 12 times, and finally got to see this 'invading adult banner'. not impressed. just a lady laying down with a giant play button on her chest. ~yawn~

just wait and surf the site till you get home, if you are so worried

Well, if more than one person is seeing it, that bothers me more. I'll have to look into it further.

If you've got a problem with a thread, try reporting it to a moderator before going off on a rant.

If you've got a problem with a moderator, take it up with the editor.

If you've got a problem with the editor, I suggest you go elsewhere.

Thread closed for review.

I have tracked down the source of the offending advertisement. It should not be seen here again.

Archived