Need help with Health insurance

foxmulder

I'm a full time employee at a store...I am eligable for health insurance. I go to the doctor once every few years.(sick, pains, pulled muscles...etc) I've never had surgery, i'm not fat or at risk for anything major. I get my eye and dental from another provider. I'm 22 years old. I've have PPO-1 and it's cost me $30 every two weeks. I never used it. Now PPO-1 is $50 PPO-2 44 and a new one called CDHP for $30 some bux.(bi-weekly) What should i look for? I've used the same dr except when we briefly switched to BCBS. Should i go with a high deductable/low deducable? I have a child but he is under my wife's plan. It's just me by myself. I've been used to paying the co-pay and forgetting about it. At work i hear "You must meet the deducable before they cover everything..." I'm attaching the pdf file. Anyone with knowledge is welcomed to assist.

http://www.oldastroworld.com/Plan.pdf

I'm a full time employee at a store...I am eligable for health insurance. I go to the doctor once every few years.(sick, pains, pulled muscles...etc) I've never had surgery, i'm not fat or at risk for anything major. I get my eye and dental from another provider. I'm 22 years old. I've have PPO-1 and it's cost me $30 every two weeks. I never used it. Now PPO-1 is $50 PPO-2 44 and a new one called CDHP for $30 some bux.(bi-weekly) What should i look for? I've used the same dr except when we briefly switched to BCBS. Should i go with a high deductable/low deducable? I have a child but he is under my wife's plan. It's just me by myself. I've been used to paying the co-pay and forgetting about it. At work i hear "You must meet the deducable before they cover everything..." I'm attaching the pdf file. Anyone with knowledge is welcomed to assist.

looks like you'll pay a lot no matter what...we have something here called a "catastrophic plan" (:unsure:) with extremely high deductibles, but very low monthly cost.

could you or would you consider consolidating all of your family under your wife's plan (or yours if it is better?)

Edited by sevfiv

For young healthy people, it makes sense to do a high deductible, low premium plan for any major emergency that might arise. You can get the small things taken care of quickly and pretty cheaply at places like RediClinic