Carpet Giant

rps324

I purchased a VCT tile floor from Carpet Giant after the bid came in less than the Floorazzo product. Of course when they came to install it they then decided that the existing plywood subfloor wasn't suitable and it would be $2,400 more than the bid.

Despite paying for a new subfloor the installation was poor. It has been several weeks of phone calls and in person visits. Each time I got the run-around and was told someone would be out to fix it. Most times I had to give them all the information again like they had never heard it before. Finally someone went out and agreed there is a problem with the installation, but of course no one has been back out to do anything about it.

I know they advertise here on HAIF. But I certainly would not recommend them to any fellow HAIF'ers after this experience.

• 2 weeks later...
I know they advertise here on HAIF. But I certainly would not recommend them to any fellow HAIF'ers after this experience.

I had the same poor installation and poor initial customer service too. But it has since been corrected and everything is good.

It has been a few weeks since then, has Carpet Giant redeems themselves in your eyes and returned to fix the issue?

Update on this?

Also, what is the PPF on the VCT vs. Floorazo?

flipper

They did finally come out, after I filed a complaint with the BBB. 6 weeks later. They worked on it but I don't know yet if it is any better. the tile has to "settle" in. I wish I had just paid a little more and gotten the Floorazzo.