London pictures

Great pictures!! I'm planning on a weekend in London in late January and can't wait to go back -- it's one of my favorite cities. And you lucked out with the weather. I've never seen it so clear in my previous trips there.

You luck out with nice days in lower britain more so than the mid and northern sections. Bundle up and bring rain gear for january!

Im suprised the skies were so clear? Did you take all those pics on the same sunny day? Hows your wallet? Did the Queen and her darn taxes put a major dent in your wallet? :D:D:D

Yeah, they were all taken on the same day. I find I have a 20% chance of good weather when I visit London.

Expensive? Hell, yeah. A simple bento box that would cost $4.50 at home is like $30 there. Everything is about double, and hotels even more. It was actually cheaper to stay in Brussels and take the train into London on the days I needed to go.

Nice photo of the Texas Embassy. Did you eat there?

Nope, but I peeked in the windows. Seems like a pretty nice place. Packed full of tourists, though.

It turns out the real name of the building is Oceanic House and it's where the game of rugby was invented.

My father is from London, he came over in the seventies. The rest of my family is scattered all over the U.K. still. We vist once a year or so during different seasons. London is very beautiful but very exspensive. I absolutely love it over their. I've been trying to talk my wife into moving over their when she is done with school. One thing that stands out to me was that we get spoiled by AC. Even though it isn't to warm at night during the summer I was use to the cold <70 air blowing on me. What made it worse was that the windows tilt out at the top only and not raise open completly to allow a breeze into the house. Also the sun coming up at 2AM doesn't help the sleep pattern....