Single-Family & Townhome Elevators

TheNiche

I've heard from several places that there are elevators that can be installed in multi-story dwellings serving just one household, all without blowing the bank. I've also heard that they can pull off 50 feet. I'm very intrigued, as it makes development of townhomes that are designed to get residents above the treeline (i.e. 4 stories) more user-friendly.

Anybody familiar with these? Costs?

I've heard from several places that there are elevators that can be installed in multi-story dwellings serving just one household, all without blowing the bank. I've also heard that they can pull off 50 feet. I'm very intrigued, as it makes development of townhomes that are designed to get residents above the treeline (i.e. 4 stories) more user-friendly.

Anybody familiar with these? Costs?

A townhome on Elgin and Bagby has one, it is a 3 story unit, and modest looking.

A friend of mine was renting it for a year and had a holiday party in it. It was a good topic starter since everyone wanted to ride on it.

I knew someone in Atlantic City who had one in his two-story home. He was huge, and I guess anticipating an upcoming blown hip when he had his house built.

I'd certainly rather have a real elevator in my home than one of those contraptions that pulls you up along the bannister of the stairs.

Archived