Central Market Southlake

mrfootball

I personally called HEB corporate after hearing a rumor of building a Central Market off Champions area and 1960. The person told me that they have no plans. The closest concept location is in Katy where they combined a HEB store and a Central Market. The size of this place compares to a super Walmart size.

Sells, furniture, futon sets, etc. You could easily spend 2 hours in this place looking at the samples and variety of stuff.

This isn't off the Champions area and 1960, this is 249 and Louetta at Vintage Park. We're going off of what was originally rumored and what the Houston Chronicle just reported last Sunday. I recall somebody having posted a while back that HEB wasn't doing any more Central Market stores, which turned out to be incorrect as they've got another one under construction in Southlake, TX making it the fourth Central Market in the D/FW Metroplex. Houston currently has just one. I've heard their Highland Village location is consistently one of their best performers. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they'll probably expand the concept here.

A Central Market H-E-B is also under construction in the development.
:wub:

BTW, I drove by yesterday and they've begun erecting building structures on the site at VP, bldg A if you look on the map at the VP website.

Beware of relying on the Chronicle to get the facts straight. Sometimes their "reporters" just string words together without paying attention to what they mean.

According to Vintage Park's website, "the HEB at Vintage Park will capture the traditional grocery features with expanded Central Market features". That makes it sound like it might be one of the hybrids, like they built in The Woodlands.

• The title was changed to Central Market Southlake

Archived