What Was Your High School Like?

Double L

Quick, repeat after me:

If theres a bustle in your hedgerow

Dont be alarmed now,

Its just a spring clean for the may queen.

If Survivor is persistent, repeat the cleansing process until problem subsides.

Ok, you have now made my day Niche. I'm on my way out to the car to grab some Zep.

If Survivor is persistent, repeat the cleansing process until problem subsides.

:lol::lol::lol:

Way overrated, though having the drinking age at 18 made it bearable. Got my first taste of a rigged election at Klein in 1978. Virtually the entire school voted for AC/DC's 'Highway to Hell' for Class Song, but mysteriously, 'Dust In The Wind' was announced as the winner. :blink:

Been an Anarchist ever since.

i think you have officially ruined the rest of my day (and maybe the weekend, too!) :P

oh please let something else get stuck in my head!

I graduated in '75 in Santa Rosa, CA and Journey was my favorite band at the time, but this was before they sold out with Steve Perry. I started playing guitar that year and Neil Schon was my guitarist of choice. They were progressive rock and he smoked his Les Paul. They were sort of local band still (SF Bay Area). I saw them play at a local college with probably 300 people.

I had a job after school at a coffee shop as a dishwasher, then at a gas station, and saved up enough to buy a brand new '74 Yamaha Enduro 100 and rode it to school and rode it off road as much as possible. Liked to listen to Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Robin Trower, Hendrix, Led Zep etc. Big groups that year were Elton John, Paul McCartney & Wings and disco was starting to come up. I wouldn't have been caught dead in a disco though. Used to go down to Winterland in SF for concerts (my hearing has lost some high end) or an occasional "Day on the Green" at the Oakland Coliseum. Saw the Beach Boys, Doobie Bros and Fleetwood Mac there.

June '75. Gerald Ford was president and the Vietnam War officially ended.

Let's see, I had :

Run-Dmc

Beastie Boys

N.W.A.

L.L. Cool J

Whodini

Pink Floyd

Eurythmics

De La Soul

Metallica

Zeppelin

AC/DC

Billy Idol

Milli Vanilli- before they were caught

Level 42

The Call

The Cure

Ah-Ha

Talking Heads

Journey

Ozzy

Kurtis Blow

Melly Mel

Heavy D

Edited by TJones

I graduated in '75 in Santa Rosa, CA and Journey was my favorite band at the time, but this was before they sold out with Steve Perry. I started playing guitar that year and Neil Schon was my guitarist of choice. They were progressive rock and he smoked his Les Paul. They were sort of local band still (SF Bay Area). I saw them play at a local college with probably 300 people.

I agree, although i did enjoy Greg Rollie and Steve Perry together.

I had a job after school at a coffee shop as a dishwasher, then at a gas station, and saved up enough to buy a brand new '74 Yamaha Enduro 100 and rode it to school and rode it off road as much as possible. Liked to listen to Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Robin Trower, Hendrix, Led Zep etc.

How could i have forgotten Floyd. :huh:

Football, FCA and Key Club. Advanced Art.

Hanging out on weekend at the popular road hangouts where HS kids in NW Harris county would congregate.

Mix tapes, whitesnake, the cult, new order, etc.

Heading up to lake with friends.

Edited by mrfootball

I graduated from Kingwood High School in 1989. Think "Sixteen Candles" "The Breakfast Club", and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and that was what my high school life was like :lol:

My friends were scattered throughout groups in my school. My best friend was a cheerleader with a rebellious streak, my main "group" was a bunch of guys a year older. We hung out with them a lot and they were all ONLY friends. I was also in FFA for two years but didn't really fit in with the "kikkers" but I loved them anyway and my boyfriend was a kikker/varsity player for Cleveland's little 3A football team. I was also in theater but never really fit in with them, either, but I managed to still be friends with everyone. I never "disliked" anyone except SNOBS! Ugh.

Music, well, I morphed from junior high to high school. I went from Journey, Van Halen, etc to Depeche Mode, Erasure, New Order, and was juuuuuust starting to get into remixes from clubs. It was in college that I was introduced to sounds from Armand Van Helden and that was it for me throughout my early twenties! Nothing but clubbing :lol:

Edited by Parrothead

Zeppelin is good.

I grew up on Zeppelin. At age 3, my dad gave me a copy of II and I used to sing all the words to the songs, even though I didn't know what they meant. By High School, I had moved on to the other stuff I listed. Of course, I reaquired Zeppelin after high school and they have remained a favorite ever since.

I grew up on Zeppelin. At age 3, my dad gave me a copy of II and I used to sing all the words to the songs, even though I didn't know what they meant. By High School, I had moved on to the other stuff I listed. Of course, I reaquired Zeppelin after high school and they have remained a favorite ever since.

One of the cool things about Zeppelin, was how mysterious they we're. I remember that they rarely gave interviews and never made tv appearances, except for the early BBC stuff. Of course when "The song remains the same" came out in theaters, it was a very big deal for us Zep fans.

One of the cool things about Zeppelin, was how mysterious they we're. I remember that they rarely gave interviews and never made tv appearances, except for the early BBC stuff. Of course when "The song remains the same" came out in theaters, it was a very big deal for us Zep fans.

Hell yeah. That pops up on HDNET every so often, in Dolby 5.1. Good stuff.

I used to listen to Led Zeppelin's No Quarter on my uncle's old Sansui AU 777. it would rattle every window in the house.

Edited by Marty

Combat Boots (NOT Docs). Black. Black. That mascara hair wand stuff. Black. Hair that was short on the right and long on the left. The Dead Milkmen and They Might Be Giants...

suburban new wave I guess you might call it :D

ah, now I'm gonna have to go and download all that stuff!!!!

Combat Boots (NOT Docs). Black. Black. That mascara hair wand stuff. Black. Hair that was short on the right and long on the left. The Dead Milkmen and They Might Be Giants...

suburban new wave I guess you might call it :D

ah, now I'm gonna have to go and download all that stuff!!!!

it was kind of like a bob haircut, but with a 15 to 30 degree angle from above the temple on one side, around the back of the head, to a point lower (sometimes down below the chin) on the opposite side. those haircuts were great for that molly ringwald dance thing. you know the one, a slight stomp or skip and spin, hands swinging to the off beat.

combat boots courtesy of col. bubbies.

col. bubbies

i remember when you could only buy doc martin's in the uk. after that, they started showing up at dream merchant and marshall fields. now they sell them at "journeys".

Edited by bachanon

it was kind of like a bob haircut, but with a 15 to 30 degree angle from above the temple on one side, around the back of the head, to a point lower (sometimes down below the chin) on the opposite side. those haircuts were great for that molly ringwald dance thing. you know the one, a slight stomp or skip and spin, hands swinging to the off beat.

combat boots courtesy of col. bubbies.

col. bubbies

i remember when you could only buy doc martin's in the uk. after that, they started showing up at dream merchant and marshall fields. now they sell them at "journeys".

ha! you knew me personally huh? :D

• The title was changed to What Was Your High School Like?