30,000 Crimes in the last 18 months

For the record, I agree with your sentiment. This topic has been done to death, and yet nothing has or will come of it. But is there that much of a difference between lax immigration policy and "corporate welfare"? Excessive illegal immigration is, afterall, a boon to rich citizens and a scourge to poor citizens. And that's the jist of "corporate welfare" (which I've explained in multiple previous threads is a misnomer).

Funny how "things that truely matter" seem to revolve around a particular political ideology (or the bashing of its opponents). Its as though you're reading straight from a press release from the DNC. Why no room for a bipartisan discussion of all the issues in a sane and reasonable way? I'd think that that would be a better goal.

Dogma sucks. Think for yourself.

Uh, Pot, meet Kettle. You've got the biggest DOG on this board.

As for is there a difference between lax immigration policy and corporate welfare? Hell yeah there is. Get back to me when the nation gets its collective panties in a wad over corporate welfare and neo-Nazi skinhead types start marching around corporate headquarters with guns a blazin' threatening to shoot CEOs and CFOs for ruining our country like they are currently doing on our Southern borders.

You are the most patronizing person on this board. Where do you get off telling me to "think for myself" or telling HeightsYankee to "get over herself?"

You really are quite intelligent but your pompous nature is a bigger turn off than the image of Whitney Houston needing to drop kids at the pool...

Uh, Pot, meet Kettle. You've got the biggest DOG on this board.

As for is there a difference between lax immigration policy and corporate welfare? Hell yeah there is. Get back to me when the nation gets its collective panties in a wad over corporate welfare and neo-Nazi skinhead types start marching around corporate headquarters with guns a blazin' threatening to shoot CEOs and CFOs for ruining our country like they are currently doing on our Southern borders.

You are the most patronizing person on this board. Where do you get off telling me to "think for myself" or telling HeightsYankee to "get over herself?"

You really are quite intelligent but your pompous nature is a bigger turn off than the image of Whitney Houston needing to drop kids at the pool...

:lol::D

Yeah, I'll agree that to call me overbearing would be a whopping understatement...especially just lately. I'm just mentally fatigued and have had a really crummy month to follow up one of the best months that I'd ever experienced in my life. I refuse to say much more, except for this: women. I'm too young to already be such a grumpy old man, but my patience with b******* has worn rather thin. Excuse me.

Having said that, I do not consider myself to be particularly dogmatic. I do not ascribe exclusively to the tenets of any political affiliation or philosophy and my application of theory to various issues is most typically (but not exclusively) an attempt at pragmatism. I do try to be as consistent as possible insofar as new information does not force a different conclusion, and I suppose that consistency and dogma could be related concepts, but I think that we both know that that isn't what is being discussed. You on the other hand seem to be very consistent in holding the party line and cannot seem to accept or adapt to valid criticism...it honestly sickens me to me to think that any individual could so readily forgo a process of critical thought and introspection. It is in my opinion no better than the approach taken by "neo-Nazi skinhead types" as you characterize them.