Transforming From The Katy Praire To

ekarl17

Transforming from the katy praire to the next heavily wooded memorial area. I am currently planning in donating 10,000 decidious trees to my neighborhood, to make it heavily wooded in twenty years, but I don't really know if this is going to work!. What can we do "katy residents" to transform the katy praire homes to the next memorial area. How many trees exactly per each house. Let me give you guys some examples:

*5000-6000 square feet Lot Home

*6000-8000 square feet Lot Home

*8000-more square feet Lot Home

Transforming from the katy praire to the next heavily wooded memorial area. I am currently planning in donating 10,000 decidious trees to my neighborhood, to make it heavily wooded in twenty years, but I don't really know if this is going to work!. What can we do "katy residents" to transform the katy praire homes to the next memorial area. How many trees exactly per each house. Let me give you guys some examples:

*5000-6000 square feet Lot Home

*6000-8000 square feet Lot Home

*8000-more square feet Lot Home

Ignore the backyards. Put all your focus on major thoroughfares and front yards, where the curb appeal can have the most impact.

If your goal is to create a Memorial-like area, then you'll need to drive a representative set of streets in Memorial and determine the average number of trees per hundred feet, then drive those same kinds of streets in the Katy prairie area, and determine the same figure. Multiply the difference by the number of feet (in hundreds) of streets in any given subdivision, and that'll yield the number of trees that that subdivision will need to achieve your goals. You'll have to do the counts twice--once for neighborhood streets and once for major thoroughfares.

Although it is an astoundingly-generous donation, you may find that 10,000 won't get you as far as you'd like. In that case, you may try putting more effort on major thoroughfares than on private property. Just be sure to get approval and to put the trees far enough back from the street that future widening doesn't require that they be knocked down.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to put them close enough to neighborhood streets that they're less likely to be knocked down if the area starts to see redevelopment decades into the future.

Edited by TheNiche

Yeah i would concentrate on the front yards. Stay away from Silver Maples and Arizona ash trees. I would get a good variety of different trees just in case a disease strikes a particular species. Google KPRC 950 and look for Randy Lemmons Garden Line link.

Edited by Marty

• The title was changed to Transforming From The Katy Praire To