How Much You Want To Bet That These Are Probably Destined For The Middle East?

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Boeing Business Jets Launches Widebody VIP Airplanes

ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 17, 2006 -- Boeing Business Jets today announced it has won seven orders for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and 747-8. Undisclosed customers have ordered one 787-8, three 787-9 and three 747-8 airplanes specifically designated for the VIP market. The VIP-configured widebody airplanes, shown in the Boeing Business Jets livery, offer between 2,404 square feet (223.3 square meters) to 4,786 square feet (444.6 square meters) of cabin space. Typical interiors could include staterooms with ensuite bathrooms, dining areas, lounge areas, meeting rooms and private offices..................

2aklo5x.jpg

Gives new life to the phrase "If it aint Boeing i aint going"

Man, isn't having those planes flying soooo close together, just a little dangerous ?

I would say catastrophic. But they will be sharp looking birds. Too bad it may not be known for a longtime who the buyers of these birds are. My bets are on an oil rich mideasterner ;)

Do they really go through all the bother and expense of painting those demo jets just to take pictures? What happens to them after? Do they end up in a museum later, or do they re-painted and sold to airlines? Seems wasteful.

They paint the planes typically in the Boeing colors for whatever product they are trying to sell. A big advertisement and if i am not mistaken, i think some areas of the planes must have a paint coating on it. Maybe someone here has more knowledge on it. For painting, i have heard it can be more than $15, 000 per paint job! So yes, the cost do add up.

Maybe all the white stuff is primer, so it's not that expensive to re-paint.

You could be right! I think i read somewhere a while back that the composites had to have some coating on them paint or primer inored to fly effectively. I think it was mostly geared towards Airbus in the past but now will be moving to Boeing as well with all the new materials going into jets like 787. I think that 787 will be a remarkable plane and i cannot wait to fly on it!

Me too! Should start seeing them in Houston in 2009.

Thats when Continental gets thier first one. I have been hearing routes they will use them on are (new)IAH-FRA and IAM-AMS. I keep placing a request for a non-stop IAH-MAN so i dont have to deal with EWR-ie the armpit of the Continental system. I avoid that place like the plague by taking US Airways out of PHL, which is also awful but better than EWR.

Houstonian in Iraq, which airline do you take from MAN to come home? Hope it isnt BA with a connection from LGW-LHR, thats sucks!!!!!

Thats when Continental gets thier first one. I have been hearing routes they will use them on are (new)IAH-FRA and IAM-AMS. I keep placing a request for a non-stop IAH-MAN so i dont have to deal with EWR-ie the armpit of the Continental system. I avoid that place like the plague by taking US Airways out of PHL, which is also awful but better than EWR.

Houstonian in Iraq, which airline do you take from MAN to come home? Hope it isnt BA with a connection from LGW-LHR, thats sucks!!!!!

Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing a couple of new IAH-Asia flights on them as well.

No as for EWR, it's not all that bad. Sure I've had my issues with the staff that are full of the Jersey attitude, but I have had some good experiences as well. Just last Friday, when my SYR-EWR flight was delayed for several hours due to air traffic control not giving us a slot to get into EWR, my three-hour layover at EWR evaporated into less than 20 minutes. I ran through the terminal and still made my flight to IAH, and fortunately they hadn't released my upgraded 762 BusinessFirst seat. But the amazing thing was my checked luggage made it too. So despite being trapped on a little ERJ next to the SYR runway for over two hours waiting for takeoff clearance, I still made it home right on time, with my luggage in a very comfortable seat. So I have to give some props to the EWR staff for not releasing my seat and getting my bag transferred on a very tight connection.

Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing a couple of new IAH-Asia flights on them as well.

No as for EWR, it's not all that bad. Sure I've had my issues with the staff that are full of the Jersey attitude, but I have had some good experiences as well. Just last Friday, when my SYR-EWR flight was delayed for several hours due to air traffic control not giving us a slot to get into EWR, my three-hour layover at EWR evaporated into less than 20 minutes. I ran through the terminal and still made my flight to IAH, and fortunately they hadn't released my upgraded 762 BusinessFirst seat. But the amazing thing was my checked luggage made it too. So despite being trapped on a little ERJ next to the SYR runway for over two hours waiting for takeoff clearance, I still made it home right on time, with my luggage in a very comfortable seat. So I have to give some props to the EWR staff for not releasing my seat and getting my bag transferred on a very tight connection.

You do the Asia hauls as well? If so, i feel the pain for you! Those are some long flights! The staff in EWR is ok, but the delays there are just freaking legendary! Not once have i gotten in and out of there in time. In the summer months, i would rather cut my throat than connect through that place. The ERJ jets are nice, for short hops only ;) Speaking of ERJ, i have yet to experience one rude employee on those ;)

No, haven't been to Asia yet. Just saying it would be great for IAH to have more nonstop service to that part of the world.

Yeah, the EWR delays can be bad, although I have a good track record there. But most of the time when I'm in that airport I'm flying to/from NYC, not changing flights there. However this Friday I do have to change flights there. Hopefully won't be any issues this time!

No, haven't been to Asia yet. Just saying it would be great for IAH to have more nonstop service to that part of the world.

Yeah, the EWR delays can be bad, although I have a good track record there. But most of the time when I'm in that airport I'm flying to/from NYC, not changing flights there. However this Friday I do have to change flights there. Hopefully won't be any issues this time!

Good luck on your next EWR experience. This is November and the weather for the NE is turning to crap. Im lucky enough to escape anymore travel this year except for a very quick trip to FRA middle of next month. I will be taking Lufthansa nonstop IAH-FRA and back again. Will be my first trip on thier new Airbus A 340-600.

• The title was changed to How Much You Want To Bet That These Are Probably Destined For The Middle East?