Political Correctness

native_Houstonian

Ok, after reading a recent post on the words "orphanage" and "daughter" and "mental hospital", I found myself filling with anger and disappointment. How did we let ourselves become a bunch of mumbling, trembling pansies!

Oh how I long for the days when people could say what they wanted to say, without fear of retribution for not being politically correct! We are so concerned about hurting someone's feelings, that no one comes right out and says "you're an idiot" or "you're wrong" or "no one owes you anything, pull yourself out of the gutter!"

When did it all go downhill??

Ok, after reading a recent post on the words "orphanage" and "daughter" and "mental hospital", I found myself filling with anger and disappointment. How did we let ourselves become a bunch of mumbling, trembling pansies!

Oh how I long for the days when people could say what they wanted to say, without fear of retribution for not being politically correct! We are so concerned about hurting someone's feelings, that no one comes right out and says "you're an idiot" or "you're wrong" or "no one owes you anything, pull yourself out of the gutter!"

When did it all go downhill??

You apparently haven't been reading my posts here. ;)

Ok, after reading a recent post on the words "orphanage" and "daughter" and "mental hospital",

Huh???

orphanage = parentally challanged housing unit?

daughter = female offspring?

mental hospital = ...uhhhh mental hospital???????? :wacko:

:P

native_houstonian is a dumb ___

How friggin stupid can one poster be?

Was that what ya wanted? :)

Yes- Yes- Thank you! I would much rather have a statement like that and I know exactly where you stand, instead of you saying something like:

"I'm not sure that I totally agree with the stance that native_houstonian has taken. In this global environment in which we reside, I would think that there would be some opposition to her statement."

:D

Yes- Yes- Thank you! I would much rather have a statement like that and I know exactly where you stand, instead of you saying something like:

"I'm not sure that I totally agree with the stance that native_houstonian has taken. In this global environment in which we reside, I would think that there would be some opposition to her statement."

:D

3z857bp.jpg:lol: J/K !

Archived