Fry's Electronic Store

I heard somewhere (maybe here) that the one on US59 was not supposed to have a theme, as opposed to its two sister stores here in Houston.

There is no theme on the inside either. I was there for the grand opening today. Some really really good deals early in the day but certainly gone by now.

Apparently, this is going to be the flagship store in Texas (or so one of the salespersons said) so they wanted to keep the decor simple and classic.

yup

• 1 year later...
The Fry's off I45 at West Road has a parking lot that is full every saturday and sunday. I haven't been there on a weekend yet that it is not full. I park in The Dump's parking lot and walked. I really don't mind walking, but i can see the US59 location always been full on weekends.

I happy that Fry's at least will target older shopping centers and inject them with life.

The Fry's at West Road and I45 set the stage for that shopping center to be renovated.

The Frys at West Road and I-45 was a Builder Square and The Dump was a K Mart. Me and my grandma would eat lunch inside the K Mart, early 1980's. They had a small diner in the back part of the store.

Archived