Access Ramps

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

Houston could start a new idea for access or flyover ramps/ Liek at the airport where it takes you straght from the freeway to the airport. They are supposed to have one at Katy MIlls.

They would take you straight off the highway to a high volume destination like a mall, or concert venue. If the ever build a mega mall here it could certanly use it. Picture a ramp or tunnen that would take you straight off 610 ot The Galleira. This would especially come handy at Reliant Park for football games. No waiting on the streets before and after the game, just hop right onto the highway. It's a good idea, surprised nobody's thought of it.

This would especially come handy at Reliant Park for football games. No waiting on the streets before and after the game, just hop right onto the highway. It's a good idea, surprised nobody's thought of it.

I'd agree that it is an excellent idea. But you're too late. Not only has somebody already thought of just that, but the Texans ownership put a halt to the idea being implemented as part of the Astrodome conversion.

Guest Plastic
Well these ramps currently exsist. Well, I guess not, since they don't go straight into (say) the front doors, but the idea is implied.

The Woodlands Parkway Exit/Entrance on I-45

The tolled road from Hardy to JFK Blvd.

McKinney St. Exit off of I-45

The Spurs off of 59.

Those are all freewys or airports. The Woodlands Parkway is like a minifreeway.

Edited by Plastic

...just like getting to any entrance/exit point causes a backup. So if you add another entrance/exit point, there'd be fewer cars at each bottleneck.

concur. the initiator implied that there would be only one entrance though because noone would be on the streets..