Teaser Bathroom Pic from our latest Re-Do

We'll be listing our latest project on the MLS tommorow. Here's a pic of the hall bathroom. I'll post more interior and exterior pics tommorow if anyone is interested.

Glass tile is nice. The cabinet it is sitting on looks cheap tho.

I like it--do you have any "before" photos? What was total cost on bathroom? What other things did you do to the house? Thanks.

Here's the closest "before" shot of that I can find.

We did a ton to the house. Both baths, kitchen, flooring, doors and trim, plumbing/light fixtures, hardware......

IMG_1594.jpg

flipper

You'd really hate the kitchen then. All the cabinets were built on site out of birch and pine.

flipper

Well, if it looks anything like the Home-Despot-Builder-Grade-Super-Cheapo-Special-Bathroom-Vanity-2000XSI then probably so. If that vanity isn't the Home-Despot-Builder-Grade-Super-Cheapo-Special-Bathroom-Vanity-2000XSI, then somebody did a great job copying it.

Well, if it looks anything like the Home-Despot-Builder-Grade-Super-Cheapo-Special-Bathroom-Vanity-2000XSI then probably so. If that vanity isn't the Home-Despot-Builder-Grade-Super-Cheapo-Special-Bathroom-Vanity-2000XSI, then somebody did a great job copying it.

:lol:

So if I'm understanding, you "do not" like the Home-Despot-Builder-Grade-Super-Cheapo-Special-Bathroom-Vanity-2000XSI.

I don't even know what that vanity looks like honestly. I've never bought cabinets or vanities from home cheapo. We always build our cabinets from birch plywood with pine moulding and youndale steel hinges. we then paint them with sherwin williams egshel oil based paint.

Here's a shot of the kitchen cabinets: IMG_2030.jpg

We did a ton to the house. Both baths, kitchen, flooring, doors and trim, plumbing/light fixtures, hardware......

Very nice improvement! I've got two bathrooms just like yours: Guest bath,

Master bath.

I've superficially redone our house, but largely ignored the bathrooms to date. The cabinets are a big mental impediment for me, but I like your approach of just putting new doors on. If you can divulge the economics of the investment and renovations, I for one would be interested (understand if you cannot).

IMG_1594.jpg

flipper

The updated bath looks ok, but my vote would've been to keep the original bathroom tile, but I'm a preservation type, not a flipper. No snide comment intended.

:lol:

So if I'm understanding, you "do not" like the Home-Despot-Builder-Grade-Super-Cheapo-Special-Bathroom-Vanity-2000XSI.

I don't even know what that vanity looks like honestly. I've never bought cabinets or vanities from home cheapo. We always build our cabinets from birch plywood with pine moulding and youndale steel hinges. we then paint them with sherwin williams egshel oil based paint.

Here's a shot of the kitchen cabinets: IMG_2030.jpg

nice tile work! could we see more of the kitchen.

I've superficially redone our house, but largely ignored the bathrooms to date. The cabinets are a big mental impediment for me, but I like your approach of just putting new doors on. If you can divulge the economics of the investment and renovations, I for one would be interested (understand if you cannot).

It's hard to break out the cost of 1 part of the renovation since we don't pay for it like that. I can tell you that we spent somewhere around 50k on the entire house.

flipper

The updated bath looks ok, but my vote would've been to keep the original bathroom tile, but I'm a preservation type, not a flipper. No snide comment intended.

none taken. I've made it known on the Mod forum that I'd like to find a Mod to redo and keep as much as possible or make it back to how it was. I don't have any sympathy for a bathroom or kitchen with alot of broken tiles or other issues that would prohibit re-using materials though.

flipper

Archived