Naughty Urinal?!?!?!?!?!?!

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Austrian removes 'sexist' urinals

VIENNA, Austria - An Austrian businessman announced Thursday that he would get rid of urinals shaped like a woman's mouth from a public toilet near Vienna's national opera, after facing pressure from politicians who demanded their removal.

The urinals, which are located in the "Opera Toilet," a lavishly decorated public restroom, feature thick, lipsticked lips, a set of teeth and a bright red tongue.

"We think that it's tasteless, misogynistic and offensive," Marianne Lackner, media spokeswoman for the Vienna Department of Women's Affairs told The Associated Press.

The department, headed by Social Democrat Sonja Wehsely, said it was appealing to the owner's good will, but was also exploring the possibility of legal action.

Monika Vana, the Green Party's spokeswoman for women's affairs, also denounced the toilets, telling the Austria Press Agency that they are "sexist and inappropriate."

"The owner thinks the idea (of the urinal) is funny," Lackner said, adding that it seemed he was not prepared for the hostile reactions.

Neuhold Gerhard, owner of the toilet's operator Neuhold Gerhard Limited, said in an interview Thursday with Austrian public radio that he would remove the urinals....................

2s0he0h.jpg

Story here.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061019/ap_on_...HNlYwNtZW5ld3M-

Ummm...regardless of the mouth shape, why is the bar right behind the urinal?

A while back I was in Amsterdam doing what you do there on a Saturday night. My buddy and I spotted a cool looking Scottish bar down a dark little alley. Since we were bar hopping we decided to buzz on in and order a beer.

We get our beer and start to check things out. Suddenly we realize it's all men, they are all wearing kilts, and the bar and walls are one giant shared urinal.

About the same time some of the requlars start to notice us (sans Kilt) we noticed many of them were helping each other use the urinal.

Easy access and friendly. That's Amsterdam!

A while back I was in Amsterdam doing what you do there on a Saturday night. My buddy and I spotted a cool looking Scottish bar down a dark little alley. Since we were bar hopping we decided to buzz on in and order a beer.

We get our beer and start to check things out. Suddenly we realize it's all men, they are all wearing kilts, and the bar and walls are one giant shared urinal.

About the same time some of the requlars start to notice us (sans Kilt) we noticed many of them were helping each other use the urinal.

And that is TMI my friend. :lol::lol::lol: That story just burned in my brain. Thanks Coog. <_<

I loved this part. "Easy access and friendly. That's Amsterdam!". :lol::lol::lol:

I had a some good times in Amsterdam myself, But it was in a special salad shop. :P

Definitely a poster with the bottles, but there is a convenient little shelf there for your drink. But I've seen those in Houston before.

MidtownCoog, I've seen a place similar to that in Paris before. Granted the wall/urinal wasn't in the main part of the bar, but it wasn't exactly in the restroom either.

I always wondered if there we more out there like this.

What a place. You don't have to go to the restroom to go to the restroom and you don't even have to take off your pants when you need to go.

Just get your kilt on!

In Scotland, they still have the little urinal ditches on the floor of the bar where men use to pee. Since women have now joined the bar scene, urinating is kept to the restrooms.