Admiral Auto Court Motel At 4703 North Main St.

DMac

Are both Bldg's still standing? Any plans for retoration? Anyone have any photos and/or old post card images? Each was across the street from one another in 1938.

Respectfully

Danny

admiral is still there and in "business". i am not drawing a mental picture of the gas station right now but i don't think its there. some of the current heights residents probably know for certain.

Edited by gnu

admiral is still there and in "business". i am not drawing a mental picture of the gas station right now but i don't think its there. some of the current heights residents probably know for certain.

Wow! 68 years young & still go'n. That's really kool. Will be coming south out of Shelby Cnty in about 3 weeks and look forward to prowling aoput the old hood to see watt might still be standing after all these decades. Robt. Browning & Alamo Heights grade school, Hogg, Cleveland & Geo. Washington Jr high, Reagan & Hamilton high schools. Ancestral home built 70+ years ago etc. My sister lived above the old Bob Bailey studios {in the Heights} when her 1st born was a baby.

Thank you for your input.

Respectfully

Danny

Wow! 68 years young & still go'n. That's really kool. Will be coming south out of Shelby Cnty in about 3 weeks and look forward to prowling aoput the old hood to see watt might still be standing after all these decades. Robt. Browning & Alamo Heights grade school, Hogg, Cleveland & Geo. Washington Jr high, Reagan & Hamilton high schools. Ancestral home built 70+ years ago etc. My sister lived above the old Bob Bailey studios {in the Heights} when her 1st born was a baby.

Thank you for your input.

Respectfully

Danny

My friend lives a block north of Main . Admiral is there but not sure where the Humble gas station was. There is Spanish Flowers to the East and a convience store across Main on the nort. Could that be were the old gas station was. The philips 66 i believe used to be an onle u tot em but i remember it as 7-11.

Im a Reagan grad from 1996 and just had our 10 year reunion at the Empire room in the Rice(hotel) Lofts.

Reagan has been greatly updated

http://hs.houstonisd.org/ReaganHS/

My friend lives a block north of Main . Admiral is there but not sure where the Humble gas station was. There is Spanish Flowers to the East and a convience store across Main on the nort. Could that be were the old gas station was. The philips 66 i believe used to be an onle u tot em but i remember it as 7-11.

Im a Reagan grad from 1996 and just had our 10 year reunion at the Empire room in the Rice(hotel) Lofts.

Reagan has been greatly updated

http://hs.houstonisd.org/ReaganHS/

I too remember the 7-11 as such and not U tot em as my sister insist. SO I now can argue the point of a 2nd opine. Thank you for your memories.

Danny

• The title was changed to Admiral Motor Court & Old Humble Gas Station
  • The title was changed to Admiral Auto Court Motel At 4703 North Main St.