414 Mignon

texasdago

• 2 weeks later...

I like some of the colors used inside the house. I love the pungent red on the walls in the inside.

Since the house is zoned to Spring Branch ISD's Memorial schools (Rummel Creek ES, Memorial MS, Memorial HS), the house may easily attract a family desiring a mod :)

"Since the house is zoned to Spring Branch ISD's Memorial schools (Rummel Creek ES, Memorial MS, Memorial HS), the house may easily attract a family desiring a mod."

Having children myself, I have come to find that the school district as well as the actual schools therein can have a huge impact on buyers with children... and the difference between a good school and a terrific school may literally be divided by a street.

But I state the obvious.

As for the potential remediation/renovation costs for this property: I would estimate at least 75 to 80K -- that is of course, assuming the work is done correctly (i.e. not the "band-aid" approach).

This too should be obvious.

Btw, I've been wondering about something and no one has been able to answer yet...

How are the builders able to build McMansions in these neighborhoods? Don't the deed restrictions have set back rules and other limitations on where the footprint of the house can be on the lot?

If not, I'm wondering why many/most neighborhoods subject to this wouldn't get together and change their deed restrictions.

A McMansion can easily be built in most neighborhoods with deed restrictions. Back when many neighborhoods were developed, homes were built smaller than the "footprint" allowed. now the mcmansions are just using the entire "footprint"

"A McMansion can easily be built in most neighborhoods with deed restrictions. Back when many neighborhoods were developed, homes were built smaller than the "footprint" allowed. now the mcmansions are just using the entire 'footprint'."

Before long the entire lot may be utilized as the building footprint... won't that be something?

"I wish I had the kind of money to fix it up--it's got great potential."

It does appear to have potential... though I would conservatively estimate a 50 to 70K renovation expenditure -- assuming its done correctly and one wishes to return it to its former integrity. This one may have "flipper" written all over it given the foreclosure issue.

Archived