Help - Gay Friendly Suburbs

mbox

Hello, I've looked through these boards and haven't found anything exactly on point. We are a gay couple with a child and are looking for a place to live. We're trying to find a place with over 2500 sq feet and a nice yard for 350,000 or less. The suburbs are looking attractive, but we're trying to pinpoint the ones that are more gay friendly. Any ideas? We'd appreciate the help.

Hello, I've looked through these boards and haven't found anything exactly on point. We are a gay couple with a child and are looking for a place to live. We're trying to find a place with over 2500 sq feet and a nice yard for 350,000 or less. The suburbs are looking attractive, but we're trying to pinpoint the ones that are more gay friendly. Any ideas? We'd appreciate the help.

Garden Oaks and Oak Forest are supposed to be gay friendly...although I'm not sure how suburban you'd consider either of those, they're more suburban than Montrose.

Westbury & Parkwest (Parkwest is a section of Westbury more or less, but don't tell those that live there that), immediately come to mind. There is a very strong Gay presence in Westbury. Parker Elementary is supposed to be pretty good.

I would also think Willowbend & Willow Meadows would work. Since you can go up to $350,000 I would also include Meyerland.

You may also be able to meet your goals in the areas inside the loop, south of Brays Bayou. Woodside, Woodshire, Linkwood, etc.

A lot depends upon whether or not you are going to utilize public or private schools. Also, if you are looking for a more suburban environment with lots of kids. I think most of the neighborhoods above have their fair share of kids from what I have seen. Especially Meyerland.

Westbury & Parkwest (Parkwest is a section of Westbury more or less, but don't tell those that live there that), immediately come to mind.

Westbury is supposedly the family friendly version of Montrose, so I second that opinion too.