Christmas 2006

Guest Marty

Okay it might be early but hey i bake me some dressing every July because i cant help my self plus my Grandpa did the same thing when i was little. I like to get a Metal Detector what do you want Santa to bring?

Edited by Marty

isn't it enough that i have to celebrate birthdays in september, october, november and december? thanksgiving and christmas are just insults to injury. what do i want for christmas? i want to skip the freakin holidays. that would be a treat. i want a vacation from decorations, gifts and happy christmas carolers! bah humbug!!!!! i want my street to NOT compete for the "best" christmas decorations. i want a holiday season without people turning around in the middle of the street because the decorations end. i want to go to the mall or restaurants without a zillion people who HAVE to get that damn present for that SPECIAL person! everyone turns in to a feakin ELF! "the best way to spread christmas cheer is singing loudly for all to hear." i hate all the damn decorations. i hate all the chipper people. (alter ego sings.........) "silent night, holy night." i despise all the effort made to celebrate a freakin day that isn't even christ's birthday. it's so commercial. (damn psyche sings) "just hear those sleigh bells ringalin, ting ting tingalin toooooooooo." i will not submit! "chestnuts roasting on an open fire.............jack frost nipping at your nose. Yuletide carols being sung by a choir And folks dressed up like eskimos." damn you marty! ........................................i want an ipod, to lose 20 pounds, a new digital camera and peace throughout the world. DAMN IT. i will not submit. i hate christmas! "rockin' around the christmas tree in a blah, blah holiday........." "i saw three ships come sailing in, on christmas day, on christmas day." christmas sucks and i will not look forward to or love it. "we three kings of orient are........traveling to......blah, blah, blah..........." i wonder if mom is going to make those awesome pralines again? christmas? no way no how. and i love that rum cake. holidays suck! i could wear those silly pjs again. nope, christmas is not my favorite time of year. "it's the most, wonderful time of the year..........." bachanon drowns in a sea of contradiction.

Edited by bachanon

christmas talk? jiminy!

do you folks do a secret santa on this forum?

another forum i was on did and it was quite fanastic. we were in

different cities and we mailed each other the presents.

everyone was pleased.

That's a great idea. Everyone who's interested in doing this PM me and I'll match people up.

I think the gift price limit should be $5.

I was involved in a similar exchange with another online community last year. Wonder if it was the same one as you, torvald? It was fun.

But it is way too early to be talking Christmas IMO. We still have over a month until Halloween.

If your smart you do your shopping in the summer/fall time. No craziness. I figure i throw this topic out there. I dont wont to here that "y'all didn't give me enough time". ;) gimmy gimmy gimmy! I am a Toys R US Kid.

Edited by Marty

• 2 months later...
christmas talk? jiminy!

do you folks do a secret santa on this forum?

another forum i was on did and it was quite fanastic. we were in

different cities and we mailed each other the presents.

everyone was pleased.

That's a great idea. Everyone who's interested in doing this PM me and I'll match people up.

I think the gift price limit should be $5.

Its getting close to Christmas. Is any body still interested in the secret santa ideal?

Edit; Subtitle change to reflect the ambiance of the thread.

Edited by Marty

well nobody responded. i am going on vacation aka Paducah Texas in a couple of days i see ya when i see ya.

Gone Fishing

Edited by Marty