Can I get online free public criminal records?

KimberlySayWhat

I have a name and case number and I'm trying to find criminal records on someone, but every site I've come across wants me to register and pay. I keep ending up at the same few websites. I've also done countless basic Google/Yahoo searches on this scum and its name doesn't come up there, either. People searches, I can't find it. It probably lives with its grandma or someone.

What can I do? I'm really frustrated.

Online? Yes. Free? No. The few I've seen out there that offer this service "free" often have old, incomplete, or inaccurate records.

I've worked for companies that have subscribed to professional services like these. They used to charge monthly, plus a per-transaction fee. I know some months we'd run up a bill in the $10-$20,000 range.

If it's a criminal case, and it's local you should be able to get a copy of what you need for very cheap, if you're willing to put in the legwork. Just go to the appropriate court clerk and ask for the papers. The fee is usually 5 cents a page to cover duplication costs. Almost all court records are public records, so if you go to the right courthouse you can get the information you need for virtually nothing. The services that you pay for are only giving you the convenience of not having to go down there yourself. A lot of them will employ people who sit at the courthouses all day copying down information to update their databases. It's public information that your tax dollars paid for.

Some courthouses will have a room with a bunch of terminals where you can look up information for free. I don't know what the situation is in Harris County, but in the dozens of other counties I've done this in, the clerks are very friendly and helpful if you are the same way toward them.

Thank you. I appreciate all the information provided.

I know of someone who might be able to help me, who's helped me recently with this, but I was just wondering if there was some way I could do some searching by myself over the weekend.

you can search texas criminal records online but it costs 3 dollars for each search.

you will need to provide a credit card as well. I have used it in the past.

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/A...RTAL/index.aspx

• 7 months later...
I have a name and case number and I'm trying to find criminal records on someone, but every site I've come across wants me to register and pay. I keep ending up at the same few websites. I've also done countless basic Google/Yahoo searches on this scum and its name doesn't come up there, either. People searches, I can't find it. It probably lives with its grandma or someone.

What can I do? I'm really frustrated.

CriminalCheck.Com lets you look up sex offender for free. Any other offense, you'd have to pay a fee with one of those other sites like Intelius.Com

Thanks, but I no longer need the information. I'm over it and the guy will spend the next 13 years of his life locked up.

Is that sentence "etched in stone"? Sometimes a person is released on parole after serving about 1/4 of the sentence. Will you go visit him?

Archived