Could this be a way to end Racism in America?

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Read an interesting piece on race in America. The summary of it basically stated that with the rise of gay rights and gay people feeling more secure about thier identity and the continued explosive growth of interracial marriages and relationships, America will truely become a "melting pot". The three dominant races in the USA, white-black-latino, will blend into what is depicted in the computer generated image pictured below from a Time magazine article. Very interesting........ Two of the three dominant races, white and black, will all but disappear, in America completely, if the trend continues. This is a sure fire way to end racism.

27xmcgp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

20th century Indian guru Paramhansa Yogananda once said over 60 years ago that he had a vision of America hundreds of years in the future and the people had golden colored skin.

Blue and green eyes will become quite rare as they are genetically recessive when crossed with brown. A future source of pride might be, " My grandfather had blue eyes".

i goto puerto rico quite often (my partner/s.o. lives there) and the people there are very intermixed. of course you have the spanish looking people and the african looking folks, but there are also criolla (mixed black/spanish/indian) that make up a lot of the population. it is common to see a black (african) father or mother and a spanish husband/wife and the kids are every color under the rainbow ... i'm talking from blonde w/straightish hair to olive with curly hair to brown with black (kinky .. i'm black so i can use that term...) hair.

it's a truly amazing sight.

Edited by houstonmacbro

I latino really a race? I find it difficult to group blacks/whites and latinos together because latinos come in all colors too.

I used the term latino because i saw something that i think was a bit interesting. A famous actor said the term "hispanic" is racist because it translates into "his property of Spain". He went on to say that people that are currently called hispanic should be referred to as latino.

Two of the three dominant races, white and black, will all but disappear, in America completely, if the trend continues. This is a sure fire way to end racism.

Does that mean that we will all be latino? or that we will all be a shade of brownish whitish?

Does that mean that we will all be latino? or that we will all be a shade of brownish whitish?

More like High Yella probably.

Extra pigment will be an especially good thing in the coming centuries if our ozone dwindles.

I used the term latino because i saw something that i think was a bit interesting. A famous actor said the term "hispanic" is racist because it translates into "his property of Spain". He went on to say that people that are currently called hispanic should be referred to as latino.

I use "latin" if the origin of their native language is based on latin. This will encompass many languages though including Spanish, French, Italian, portuguese, etc. I use "hispanic" for those who whose origins are spain related (spanish speaking)

BTW who was the actor?

Edited by musicman

John Leguizamo was the actor. I think i may have mispelled his name :( Is was a piece on multiculturalism, i found it to be "interesting" ;);)

John Leguizamo was the actor. I think i may have mispelled his name :( Is was a piece on multiculturalism, i found it to be "interesting" ;);)