Schlitterbahn Water Park & Resort At 400 North Liberty Ave.

KimberlySayWhat

HA! They should have been following me around there during the summers in the 80's. Landa Resort was awesome for hooking up with chicks, your hotel room was right there next to the tube ride, with the refrigerator full of beer. Different girl everyday for 2 weeks, sometimes the same girl for a couple of days. Fond Fond memories. Wake up go play golf then back to the room drink a six pack and jump in right there to go to Schlitterbahn.

TJones:

HA! They should have been following me around there during the summers in the 80's. Landa Resort was awesome for hooking up with chicks, your hotel room was right there next to the tube ride, with the refrigerator full of beer. Different girl everyday for 2 weeks, sometimes the same girl for a couple of days. Fond Fond memories. Wake up go play golf then back to the room drink a six pack and jump in right there to go to Schlitterbahn.

My family used to stay at the cabins at Landa/Schlitterbahn Resort every summer throughout most of my childhood. I haven't been in years. I wonder if they're still yellow. We'd rent the 4 bedrooms/8 beds with the big screened-in back porch, where some would end up sleeping because my dad snored loudly. There would be 3-5 families; we were all close friends. Us kids would often play in the tube chutes at night after the park was closed and the water was drained. We'd sit inside on the little hills and eat stuff, getting crumbs all over. Then the staff would ride by on their golf carts and yell at us.

I miss those days.

Kimberly, were you a teenager back in the 80's also ? Weren't those just some awesome times ? My dad and my bestfriend and I would go and stay about a week at a time at Landa and usually go twice during the summer. We would rent out a one bedroom suite with the kitchen. Kim, I would bet we actually shared some river water on that tube shoot ride and bumped inner tubes once or twice, but I don't think I ever hooked up with a Kimberly, so I think you are safe. :lol::lol::lol:

btw, Kimberly, did your cabin have a hot tub on the porch ?

OH, to be 17 again !

No, I wasn't a teenager in the '80s. I was 3-12 years of age in the '80s. I'm pretty sure we never hooked up.

Our cabin didn't have a hot tub. We usually stayed in the cabins left (from the resort entrance) to the main office for Landa/Shclitterbahn resort. One of the tube chutes ran behind it. On the other side of the tube chute were more cabins; the ones I think you're talking about. There was a pool and a restaurant

there. Behind the resturant was the river.

I wonder if you were one of the hairy guys with chucks of wet deodorant in his underarm hair. I always found that gross. Or perhaps you were the skinny man with three large women in tiny bathing suits that I'd see float by one summer. Tee hee hee. Just jiving :lol:

No, I wasn't a teenager in the '80s. I was 3-12 years of age in the '80s. I'm pretty sure we never hooked up.

Our cabin didn't have a hot tub. We usually stayed in the cabins left (from the resort entrance) to the main office for Landa/Shclitterbahn resort. One of the tube chutes ran behind it. On the other side of the tube chute were more cabins; the ones I think you're talking about. There was a pool and a restaurant

there. Behind the resturant was the river.

I wonder if you were one of the hairy guys with chucks of wet deodorant in his underarm hair. I always found that gross. Or perhaps you were the skinny man with three large women in tiny bathing suits that I'd see float by one summer. Tee hee hee. Just jiving :lol:

I was neither hairy or skinny in highschool, and no I wouldn't have been cruisin' junior highschoolers either. I think I saw the hairy guy you are referring to though. So, you were staying over by the Chuck E. Cheese's. I was closer to the river. Man, I can't wait for my daughter's to get older so we can all go and they can have some good experiences, but they won't be hooking up with any punks though. Do as I say, not as I do ! :lol:

You know, I was wondering, was that an official Chuck E. Cheese or was it just a generic arcade/pizza/ice cream parlor with Chuck E. Cheese robot rejects? I don't think the robits (as I like to call them because that what Rod Serling called them) ever worked. They just sat there.

Anyway, I found this map from 1993. Just a portion of it is scanned.

You see the red dot, I think that's where we stayed. It's hard to tell because the map is so cartoonish. I had forgotten there were two tube chutes that ran through that area. There was one to begin with and then they added a second one later. I think it was part of the Congo River Ride. One year we stayed at those cabins directly across from the one marked with a red dot. Then we finally settled on the red dot ones for the remainder of our vacations there.

There's the Chuck E. Cheese under #12. That chute running behind is where I saw the skinny man in his speedo with his three large women companions. I was in there playing games when I saw it.

Sch.jpg

I suddenly have the urge to play in the water and eat pizza.

Kimberly, if you head directly west on your map there you will run into the one we always rented. Just run a straight line across, that is it. As I recall the ones with hottubs in them are directly west of slide number 15, that 2 story building, all or maybe just a couple of them had hottubs on those bottom porches.

btw, Yes, it was an original Chuck E. Cheese's I was there the first year it opened, and everything worked.

TJones:

Kimberly, if you head directly west on your map there you will run into the one we always rented. Just run a straight line across, that is it. As I recall the ones with hottubs in them are directly west of slide number 15, that 2 story building, all or maybe just a couple of them had hottubs on those bottom porches.

Oh, I see. I remember hearing of some with hot tubs, but I never knew which. I think we even considered checking them out to stay in, but never did.

I always liked the big hot tubs (like the one at #13) though they felt a bit germy. There were always soggy playing cards floating and food sitting around. I don't know, they're cool, but they kind of gave me the creeps at the same time. I suppose if I had one all to myself and it was sterilized, that would be good. But sitting around with a bunch of strangers; who knows how clean they are. The table tops were just above the surface so there were always puddles of cool, stale water on them. Ick!

btw, Yes, it was an original Chuck E. Cheese's I was there the first year it opened, and everything worked.

I always got the impression that they got some Chuck E. Cheese carpet real cheap and defected robots from one that went out of business. Too bad they never worked while I was there. I wonder if they're still there.

• The title was changed to Schlitterbahn Water Park & Resort At 400 North Liberty Ave.

Archived