Anatomy of a Metro Crash

editor

i think he made it to the other side...

that clip dont show ____...

:)

Actually, she didn't. It was one of the very first Metro crashes. Shame about the camera positioning. The reverse angle camera shows the train passing about a dozen do not drive on the tracks signs.

man - right by greyhound/mcdonald's

Date: THU 11/20/2003

Section: A

Page: 29 Metfront

Edition: 3 STAR

Metro light rail car, SUV collide during training run

By MIKE GLENN

Staff

A Metro light rail car and a sport utility vehicle collided downtown during the train's test run Wednesday. Police said it was the first accident involving the city's light rail train.

The accident occurred about 8:30 p.m. when the driver of the Jeep Cherokee turned in front of the train at Main and Gray, Metro police said.

KPRC-Channel 2 officials confirmed that Krista Marino, the station's health reporter, was driving the Jeep when it was struck by the train. Marino, who was not on duty at the time, was cited by police for making an illegal turn. Marino was not injured, and Metro officials said the train and the Jeep sustained only minor damage.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive....id=2003_3709493

I am glad this has been put to a stop - Houston's citizens are now smart enough to avoid the trains :)

not quite, earlier this week when i was riding train, a car made an illegal left directly in front of us. Only reason i knew was that i was sitting right behind LRT driver as he made a hand gesture.

I was sitting right behind LRT driver as he made a hand gesture.

I believe that communication technique is in Ch3, section 1 of the official METRO Driver Training Manual titled "Go METRO, Not Postal. Use Fingers, Not Guns."

Archived