Terrorist in Houston?

stfu.jpg

I'll see your Governator, and raise you a Senator!

24ybmmf.jpg

This my last comment for this thread, cause many people on here are jokesters and will be crying later. Remember that friend I have in D.C.? Who do you think he, or she going to warn first when something about to happen to Houston? Me!

I strangely feel like the grasshopper in the old ant & grasshopper fable. Except SEMIpro's not the ant, but more like the confused beetle.

Of course it turned out NOT to be Pasadena ,Ca. it was Pasadena,Tx. and the attention shifted quickly as to how many refineries there were, and the whole news media was astounded as to "How many facilities that were there, concentrated into one tiny town !", and of the questions that came about as to "How far was the safe zone if they all blew up ? How safe was Houston ?" I actually liked the fact that the media thinks everything happens in L.A. or New York, they literally has no clue that Pasadena, Tx. existed, not our local news mind you, I am talking about the national news services. Probably one of the reasons why Houston and Pasadena AREN'T on the "high priority" list of terrorist organizations. :ph34r:

This is a case where Houston's supposed unknown name recognition works in our favor.

A few days or weeks after 9-11 the FBI had made a few raids and had gathered some intelligence that there were INDEED other "hotspots" for a possible terrorist plot. One of the spots was PASADENA. The media, showing just how truly ignorant they are, began questioning, "WHY Pasadena ? All they have is the Rose Bowl Stadium, maybe they were going to try and make a strike on another "symbol" of our American way of life ? "

Of course it turned out NOT to be Pasadena ,Ca. it was Pasadena,Tx. and the attention shifted quickly as to how many refineries there were, and the whole news media was astounded as to "How many facilities that were there, concentrated into one tiny town !", and of the questions that came about as to "How far was the safe zone if they all blew up ? How safe was Houston ?" I actually liked the fact that the media thinks everything happens in L.A. or New York, they literally has no clue that Pasadena, Tx. existed, not our local news mind you, I am talking about the national news services. Probably one of the reasons why Houston and Pasadena AREN'T on the "high priority" list of terrorist organizations. :ph34r:

When Hurricane Rita was coming, the media sure did have a scare about all of those refineries.

And if a plane heading for NYC from IAH got hijacked and landed at, say the Valero or BP Refinery, what would happen?

And if a plane heading for NYC from IAH got hijacked and landed at, say the Valero or BP Refinery, what would happen?

And, if I'm making a batch of meth from a buttload of Sudafed that I scored from WalMart, and I miscalculate the heat on my Bunson burner, what would happen? :o

Life is full of scary endings, dude. Deal with it. Last time I checked, it's all good for you Christians anyway. The only ones that should worry are us agnostics and atheists....and Captain Morgan told me not to sweat the little stuff. :P

And, if I'm making a batch of meth from a buttload of Sudafed that I scored from WalMart, and I miscalculate the heat on my Bunson burner, what would happen? :o

It was just an innocent question by innocent Trae ^_^ .

When Hurricane Rita was coming, the media sure did have a scare about all of those refineries.

They'd have a fleet of choppers hovering over the site continuously for days, much like they did over the Astrodome when we started receiving Katrina evacuees. The choppers wouldn't leave until the last smoldering ash was extinguished. Once the fireball was gone, they'd play what amounts to a "best of" montage for a day or two before chasing down all the relatives of the dead people on the plane and camping outside of their houses. But the fireball would trump all the dead and wounded. Burning/exploding things do amazing things for ratings.

The dead refinery workers would be mentioned as part of the death toll, but wouldn't be of great interest because very few people can say "it could've been me!" in comparison with the flying public.

The whole episode would continue to play over and over again on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and every other media outlet until one of the unknown refinery workers was discovered to be vegetative and living off a feeding tube...

Life is full of scary endings, dude. Deal with it. Last time I checked, it's all good for you Christians anyway. The only ones that should worry are us agnostics and atheists....and Captain Morgan told me not to sweat the little stuff. :P

Speaking of Christians, and possible Biblical prophecies, where is the Red Planet of Mars ? It is supposed to be hanging in the sky, as large as the Moon, and visible with the naked eye right now . I would constitute this phenomenon as one of the "7 signs", as Mars would appear to be a "Blood Red Moon", annoucing that the end of the world was at hand, and then we would just need to find the last Martyr, and we are all set. We wouldn't have to worry about Planes falling out of the sky and onto refineries. :wacko:

What do you have against Christians? You throw it in at the oddest of times.

I see nothing worng with being prepared for disasters be it natural or man made. I like to see people proactive in preparing for such events and not relying solely on a governmental entity to do so for you.

Yeah, an airplane crashing into a refinary? Ha! Real news is such a bore...

Anyone remember that plane that crashed... (what... 2 weeks exactly?) in that residential intersection after 9/11?

Exactly...

I remember that. Pretty vivid actually. It was big news because another plane had crashed just across the water from NYC.

This my last comment for this thread, cause many people on here are jokesters and will be crying later. Remember that friend I have in D.C.? Who do you think he, or she going to warn first when something about to happen to Houston? Me!

Hell, he/she tried to warn the family when 9-11 going to attack in NYC, and they act just like y'all, but when it happen that laughter turned into hurt and tears. He/she also mention that Houston is too spread out in the open, and easy for terrorist to plot. Furthermore, it's other cities they want to do damage in trying to hurt America's economy. The government already know about it, but can they stop it? No! They just could slow it down.

I know it's hard to watch over 6 million people in this well-spread out city, but all I'm saying is keep your eyes open for anything that looks suspicious.

No wonder our country is doing so shitty with National Security, the people that know stuff are relaying the information to Semipro first!

No wonder our country is doing so shitty with National Security, the people that know stuff are relaying the information to Semipro first!

:lol:

So, do we know what Semiprop is a semi-pro for/from/about? He ain't no grammar teacher, that's for sure!

I remember that. Pretty vivid actually. It was big news because another plane had crashed just across the water from NYC.

Trae, no offense, but I was talking about the average joe american. You are not the average 'joe american. Your an intellegent teenager, who has a good memory ;).

Trae, no offense, but I was talking about the average joe american. You are not the average 'joe american. Your an intellegent teenager, who has a good memory ;).

That wasn't terrorist related, that was chalked up to pilot error Montrose. :huh:

Guest Plastic

Well atleast if a bomb wnet off we'd get noticed for something.

Actually I hear that Housotn is the #1 target cause we have the oil refineries. Sure you could cripple the nation if you took out he Sip CHannel but you woul d also loose money. The main people benifiting from oil usage is the Middle East. If we didn't have a way to refine it we would stop buying. hey'd loose business and countries like Saudi Arabia would be poverned.

Well atleast if a bomb wnet off we'd get noticed for something.

Actually I hear that Housotn is the #1 target cause we have the oil refineries. Sure you could cripple the nation if you took out he Sip CHannel but you woul d also loose money. The main people benifiting from oil usage is the Middle East. If we didn't have a way to refine it we would stop buying. hey'd loose business and countries like Saudi Arabia would be poverned.

is that even a word?

Archived