METRORail University Line

ricco67

Darn it, I was looking at an aerial that was pre-59 reconstruction east of Mandell! But there are multiple ways to deal with a Graustark bridge:

1) Replace it with a compatable design.

2) Simply eliminate it as a through street.

I really do understand your plan but with the diminished ridership it would have, plus eliminating a brand new bridge which that neighborhood fought for so as not to have their neighborhood sliced in half, the taking of residential property-always a sore point [just ask AO and listen to the hysteria about something that never was going to happen to begin with] and you've got what Culberson dreams of: a deal killer.

I'm not trying to be difficult, just realistic. ;)

With so much attention focused on Afton Oaks and all the press they are getting.....the crooks and criminals now know where to go. AO, area filled with elderly people some of which are jackassed to no end. I see a spike in crime coming your way.... Wont be the LRT line you will have to worry about......

You are probably trembling because you havent had your metamucil and prune juice. Try having a bowel movement from your ass and not your mouth, you may feel a lot better.

How very disappointed I am, if that was the best that you could come up with then I must apologize for challenging you to a battle of wits because clearly you are unarmed.

We live in Houston and are not strangers to crime - we have had our share, and our location is a prime reason. Easy ingress/egress any vehicle leaving Afton Oaks can get on 610 headed north quite easily even during the heaviest traffic periods. This morning I left AO for work and was @ the 610/45 north intersection in about 9 minutes. We have had car burglaries, home invasions, and at least one murder that I can recall. That was in the mid 1980's, a well known Houston Architect, fellow Aggie, and friend. Since this is afterall an Architectural forum I will note that this particular gentleman was a WWII veteran that returned to Paris after graduating from Texas A&M to study at the Acad

I guess I missed that one Musicman, was it the Culberson announcement or Clutterbuck's alternative option or both? Has Metro issued any timeline for announcing their proposed route?

The Culberson announcement was the ultimate reason METRO changed their Aug 8 timeline. I believe they did announce a new date but i don't remember what the exact date is. I try and find it later today.

all systems are fine. Including myeyesight and my aim. Thank God I am in Texas where it is legal to protect your property. I can not speak for my neighbors but I am not overly worried about it, between my dogs, location, and preparedness there are probably more attractive targets.

Veiled threats of violence are hardly effective in any discussion and may be seen as harasment under the Guidelines you agreed to.

I guess I missed that one Musicman, was it the Culberson announcement or Clutterbuck's alternative option or both? Has Metro issued any timeline for announcing their proposed route?

Apparently you are woefully lacking in regards to the discussion. You didn't know about Culbersons statement when you told me-4 days after it was released-that it was several weeks or months old. You have been asked repeatedly how the High Street development would impact your neighborhood. After ignoring the question for several days all you could reply was something to the effect of 'I don't know anything about a high bridge' Your apparent lack of knowledge of the goings-on of this issue speaks volumns and could lead some to question your sincerity.

Edited by nmainguy

Taking everything into consideration, politics, engineering, construction, and whatever else, is there a timeframe ballpark when the light rail extention will open? regardless of route?

It's very encouraging that this political fight is less about whether or not to build it, rather it's about the details of where & how to build it....?

The Culberson announcement was the ultimate reason METRO changed their Aug 8 timeline. I believe they did announce a new date but i don't remember what the exact date is. I try and find it later today.

They said the announcement would be delayed "a couple of weeks" to look at the new allignment that was proposed by Culberson or Clutterbuck, or whoever it is being attributed to.

Taking everything into consideration, politics, engineering, construction, and whatever else, is there a timeframe ballpark when the light rail extention will open? regardless of route?

It's very encouraging that this political fight is less about whether or not to build it, rather it's about the details of where & how to build it....?

YES. A positive spin. Very refreshing. Thank you. Houston's perception of public transportation has definitely changed in the past decade, with certain exceptions of course (AO).

**** I know this is off topic*****

But this thread has now replaced the Houston Pavilions thread as the biggest thread on HAIF.

take a BOW to the topic starter: Redscare

PAGE 27

I think we also have AftonAG to thank. This topic appeared to be petering out around page 15 or so when he showed up. Now we have 12 or so more pages that served to more firmly entrench everyone in their previously held positions.

I think we also have AftonAG to thank. This topic appeared to be petering out around page 15 or so when he showed up. Now we have 12 or so more pages that served to more firmly entrench everyone in their previously held positions.

Aw CDeb Now don't go giving me any credit - Nmain won't stand for that.

And if anyone sees him tell him that my reference to aim was not a veiled threat, merely a promise to protect my property against the onslaught of criminals that he is predicting will descend on on AO like a student Aggie on a chicken fried steak.

Correct me if I am wrong, and this maybe the only thing I have ever been right about, (I will check with my bride and get back to you), but a few pages ago I think I actually predicted that this would become the all-time biggest thread on HAIF.

I think and Nmain will correct me if I am wrong. . . . that construction is scheduled to commence in 2008 and be completed by 2012.

And if anyone sees him tell him that my reference to aim was not a veiled threat, merely a promise to protect my property against the onslaught of criminals that he is predicting will descend on on AO like a student Aggie on a chicken fried steak.

For the love of God, please stop referencing Aggies and/or reminding everyone that you are one/associate with/wish you were one (whatever the case may be).

It's unneccesary and frankly, you're making the rest of us look bad.

like a student Aggie on a chicken fried steak.

What time are you serving dinner? WHOOP!

Correct me if I am wrong, and this maybe the only thing I have ever been right about, (I will check with my bride and get back to you), but a few pages ago I think I actually predicted that this would become the all-time biggest thread on HAIF.

Yes, you did.

For the love of God, please stop referencing Aggies and/or reminding everyone that you are one/associate with/wish you were one (whatever the case may be).

It's unneccesary and frankly, you're making the rest of us look bad.

I am one, and I will reference Texas A&M and the Aggies anytime the Spirit hits me. You state that, "It makes the rest of us look bad." Is that to say that you too are an Aggie? If that is in fact the case then I am sure you are aware of our favorite saying regarding Highway 6. If not I am not surprised as you seem like the type that was so caught up in your own pathetic ego that you never grasped the true Spirit of Aggieland.

I am one, and I will reference Texas A&M and the Aggies anytime the Spirit hits me. You state that, "It makes the rest of us look bad." Is that to say that you too are an Aggie? If that is in fact the case then I am sure you are aware of our favorite saying regarding Highway 6. If not I am not surprised as you seem like the type that was so caught up in your own pathetic ego that you never grasped the true Spirit of Aggieland.

Oh Lord.. trust me, I bleed maroon just as much as if not moreso than you.... I just see no need to keep bringing it up in this forum in a totally unrelated discussion.

I don't throw out random facts... i'm half celtic/half albino argentinian. I got three testicals and have lou gehrigs disease.. i belong to the Future farmer's of america and once was a girl scout.

It just doesn't have any bearing, so i don't see why you keep bringing it up.

And i'm sure you a cool guy, and a swell Aggie... but as far as this topic goes, i have no positive thoughts about you or your beliefs... so i just assume forget the fact that you might be a cool guy or a swell aggie... so stop reminding people.

now that we know you're gracing us with your presence, perhaps you can shed light on your opinion on the high stree development and what the neighborhood stand is on it?

Good luck, Ricco. I reminded him about High Street in my last post [#1333] but I'm assuming he's clueless as to what we're asking about-thus his previous "high bridge" response. :wacko:

[...makes me wonder if he even lives in that part of town...]

Edited by nmainguy

AftonAg, youi're going to answer this because you seem to keep avoiding this question. I've even typed it in bold for ya! ;)

what is your viewpoint on the High Street development going on Wesheimer AND How do you feel it will impact your neighborhood?

Edited by tierwestah

AftonAg, youi're going to answer this because you seem to keep avoiding this question. I've even typed it in bold for ya! ;)

what is your viewpoint on the High Street development going on Richmond AND How do you feel it will impact your neighborhood?

It's actually on Westheimer but let me help you out a little ;) :

what is your viewpoint on the High Street development going on Westheimer AND How do you feel it will impact your neighborhood?

[nmg is not holding his breath]

It's actually on Westheimer but let me help you out a little ;) :

what is your viewpoint on the High Street development going on Westheimer AND How do you feel it will impact your neighborhood?

[nmg is not holding his breath]

^^ thanks. i've corrected my post. I say we all keep asking him the same question over and over again until he answers! :lol:

^^ thanks. i've corrected my post. I say we all keep asking him the same question over and over again until he answers! :lol:

I truly suspect he doesn't even live in the area-he's been asked the question so many times in so many posts he's responded to...he just seems clueless.

I truly suspect he doesn't even live in the area-he's been asked the question so many times in so many posts he's responded to...he just seems clueless.

Ok.. well i don't know either, so do share.

Are you talking about the proposed mixed development going in where Central Ford is now ?

That's the one.

Okay.. well, what details are out there on it. I've only heard it mentioned a handful of times on this forum. IS there a thread or project link you can send me so i can know exactly what our AO buddy is avoiding the discussion of ?

Okay.. well, what details are out there on it. I've only heard it mentioned a handful of times on this forum. IS there a thread or project link you can send me so i can know exactly what our AO buddy is avoiding the discussion of ?

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...?showtopic=4889 The thread is about Westcreek but High Street is referenced.

Go to page 2 for a rendering.

Well excuse me for not responding, and ask yourselves why I would, you and Ricco have both been rude, and belligerent so many times that I tend to ignore your posts. You belittle every one of my posts, make personal attacks that have been unwarranted, fail to acknowledge that I have apologized when I was wrong, called me a liar and worse and accused me of making a "veiled threat" where there clearly wasn't one. Then you wonder why I haven't answered your question . . . . . go figure.

Clueless - no. Asked the question numerous times certainly. Refresh my memory, which referendum was that on? Whatis that you say? it wasn't put to the voters?

Let's make sure I understand, I am an Aggie so sometimes its difficult ya know. I have browsed around on this forum some but I have not performed a diligent search for it. From what I have gathered from the posts I have seen on here it is a "High Street" crossing of the UP line at Westheimer. (Some might consider it a bridge) I assume that Westheimer at ground level as it is now will remain pretty much intact, and this is being built to alleviate traffic when there is a train crossing Westheimer. Since I come down Westheimer most days on the way home from work to turn on Kettering it sounds like there will be less likliehood that I will be waiting on a train to cross Westheimer through 3 or 4 cycles of the light at Kettering. It is probably a good thing for local traffic, except during construction of course which won't be a good thing.

Ok so I have answered your question - is that good enough for you? Perhaps you would like me to write a dissertation on it, or a long list of pro's versus cons. Guess what? Nahgonnadoit, wouldn't be prudent - as it is off topic. So now that I have answered it on here Nmain please tell me how many spelling errors I made, Ricco tell me why I am oh so wrong in my opinion about it. Then both of you & highway 6 can lambast me for posting something off topic.

Gig'em!

Perhaps you would like me to write a dissertation on it

Oh no, please don't write a dissertation on a huge development planned at the Kettering entrance on Westhiemer facing Afton Oaks that's been in the news for over a year...called High Street that has nothing on earth to do with bridges.

Now where did you say you lived again?

Edited by nmainguy

Well excuse me for not responding, and ask yourselves why I would, you and Ricco have both been rude, and belligerent so many times that I tend to ignore your posts. You belittle every one of my posts, make personal attacks that have been unwarranted, fail to acknowledge that I have apologized when I was wrong, called me a liar and worse and accused me of making a "veiled threat" where there clearly wasn't one. Then you wonder why I haven't answered your question . . . . . go figure.

Clueless - no. Asked the question numerous times certainly. Refresh my memory, which referendum was that on? Whatis that you say? it wasn't put to the voters?

Let's make sure I understand, I am an Aggie so sometimes its difficult ya know. I have browsed around on this forum some but I have not performed a diligent search for it. From what I have gathered from the posts I have seen on here it is a "High Street" crossing of the UP line at Westheimer. (Some might consider it a bridge) I assume that Westheimer at ground level as it is now will remain pretty much intact, and this is being built to alleviate traffic when there is a train crossing Westheimer. Since I come down Westheimer most days on the way home from work to turn on Kettering it sounds like there will be less likliehood that I will be waiting on a train to cross Westheimer through 3 or 4 cycles of the light at Kettering. It is probably a good thing for local traffic, except during construction of course which won't be a good thing.

Ok so I have answered your question - is that good enough for you? Perhaps you would like me to write a dissertation on it, or a long list of pro's versus cons. Guess what? Nahgonnadoit, wouldn't be prudent - as it is off topic. So now that I have answered it on here Nmain please tell me how many spelling errors I made, Ricco tell me why I am oh so wrong in my opinion about it. Then both of you & highway 6 can lambast me for posting something off topic.

Gig'em!

AO, I have never attacked you, I might have attacked your idea, but that is what this forum generally is. If anything I have asked for people to tone down any of the attacks on here.

The High street project is a major development that is where the ford dealership was located at.

I can't find the link to the thread, but basically, it's going to be a series of midrise residences built above ground level retail.

As active as you claim to be in your community, surely you have heard of this happening, quite literally, across the street from you.

As active as you claim to be in your community, surely you have heard of this happening, quite literally, across the street from you.

...unless he doesn't live there. Anyway, here's the link I posted earlier before he posted something about a "high bridge": http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...?showtopic=4889

The thread is about Westcreek but the adjacent High Street is referenced.

Edited by nmainguy

...unless he doesn't live there. Anyway, here's the link I posted earlier before he posted something about a "high bridge": http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...?showtopic=4889

The thread is about Westcreek but the adjacent High Street is referenced.

Sorry the the link triggered the Haiku! Try again!