Sydney Harbour Subdivision

invincible569

Amazing how fast you are to play the victim...you're the one who came barging in on this thread with some moronic tirade about people who choose to live in the suburbs. Which points would you disagree with? Simply stating the obvious. It's all about perspective. Spare me the drama.

Amazing how fast you are to play the victim...you're the one who came barging in on this thread with some moronic tirade about people who choose to live in the suburbs. Which points would you disagree with? Simply stating the obvious. It's all about perspective. Spare me the drama.

I rest my case.

Uh, oh....hysterical gay man expressing his hatred of all things suburban. :unsure: I doubt I'd want to live in the burbs if I were gay either. Then again, you don't have to worry about taking care of a family do you? It's a whole different set of concerns. I suppose gays are as out of place in the burbs as families are in the city. :ph34r: Why would your opinion be anything but surprising? Simple realities.

We have some gay families out here that I know, but I'm not friends with any (have no gay friends). I guess you are stuck in Cy-World.

We also have some gay kids, but I think a lot just want attention from people.

For people who want to know which schools Invincible is talking about...

* Robison Elementary School - http://schools.cfisd.net/robison/index.stm

* Spillane Middle School - http://schools.cfisd.net/spillane/index.stm

* Cypress Woods High School - http://schools.cfisd.net/cywoods/index.stm

Keep in mind, though, that CFISD is constantly building new schools, and the assigned schools may change as years pass.

Uh, oh....hysterical gay man expressing his hatred of all things suburban. :unsure: I doubt I'd want to live in the burbs if I were gay either. Then again, you don't have to worry about taking care of a family do you? It's a whole different set of concerns. I suppose gays are as out of place in the burbs as families are in the city. :ph34r: Why would your opinion be anything but surprising? Simple realities.

There just aren't a lot of places in the city for families anymore. There never really were. People escape the city for obvious reasons. Crime, pollution, overcrowding...you name it. We lived in Midtown for 6 years. Liked it when we were younger, but it got pretty old, especially after having a kid. Different strokes for different folks.

I find it humorous, that the same people who call a $600,000 custom home on a lakefront community 'tacky' will embellish and rave about some generic cheezy minimalist Mod home. Personally, I prefer my home in a nice wooded golf course community, but to each his own. Many of those lakefront communties are pretty damn nice, too...even if they do have cheezy names like 'Sydney Harbour'... ;)

I'm curious why you had to throw the "gay" stone? Not very nice and I was shocked to see it posted. This seems like a nice forum for discussing our neighborhoods and architectural stylings. I would love to have some nice gay folks buy the 2 rundown crapholes on my street and fix them up (HUGE older Kickerillo colonial over 3,600 sq.ft four doors down and vacant :D ). Gays generally take pride in their homes and the communities that they live in. I know plenty of gay men and women that live up in this area and good for them! Also, there are many gay men and women with "families". Maybe the comment shouldn't shock me as this is Texas.

Mrfootball, be careful what you post on here. People may form a negative impression of you that will impact all your future posts.

You are incorrect in your assumption that families do not live in the city. The people who have moved out to Cypress are either upper income transients from all over America or people who already lived out in the Cy-Fair area to begin with, and are just moving further out in order to get a brand new house.

People in the city know that the suburbs have poor planning and bad traffic, and they are smart enough to know a good thing when they have it. My grandmother's neighborhood is inside the 610 loop and it is filled with white families with children. Her next door neighbors have been living there since the early 90s and have raised three girls inside the loop. There are people raising children in the Montrose area, and off Allen Parkway, and in the Heights. There are people raising children in the 3rd Ward, as I see older siblings walking their younger siblings home from school while I'm driving to U of H.

Appreciate the heads up. I've never really put much stock in political correctness and tend to be more of a realist.

I'm not arguing which is better. I was simply responding to some hack who jumped on the thread with his usual negative blather about the burbs so I called him out.

I've lived in downtown Austin, Houston and the Galleria area much longer than I've lived in Cypress. All have their positives/negatives. With that said...My point was, the suburbs offer an attractive place to raise a family. You get more for your money and they tend to be newer, greener, cleaner and safer. Notice I said "tend". Sure there are bad suburbs and there are parts of the city that are great for families (Especially if your first home is in the $300,000 range.) Obviously, there are families in the city, just as there are people of alternative lifestyles in the burbs (living one street over from me in fact)...each one seems to be geared more for the other in terms of lifestyle. I can appreciate that. These are all pretty much obvious points.

The city vs. the suburbs crap is tired and a waste of time. To say one is bad and the other is good is to be blind to the realities and differences in personal tastes and lifestyles.

Well today I am going back to get a more solid price on a home in Sydney Harbour. :) Love the lakefront view. To me, the back sometimes looks better than the front. ;) I'll be joining another family member who is already living there and his house is actually in the pic above. We've looked at all the other lakefronts and this is by far the best deals I have seen. The Tile roof is just another one of my favorite options.

Well today I am going back to get a more solid price on a home in Sydney Harbour. :) Love the lakefront view. To me, the back sometimes looks better than the front. ;) I'll be joining another family member who is already living there and his house is actually in the pic above. We've looked at all the other lakefronts and this is by far the best deals I have seen. The Tile roof is just another one of my favorite options.

I just remembered an experience that I'd had there. I was looking through one of the model homes, trying to find a sales rep that I could pester for information for a project at work. I noticed that somebody had spilled a half-empty glass of wine all over the coffee table, so I grabbed a napkin, and went over to clean it up so that it didn't dry out and stick or anything. Sometimes those folks don't like to reveal sales data out of concern for confidentiality, but I figured that this 'favor' might compel them to be nice.

I picked up the glass, and up came the wine! It was actually a prop with molded plastic shaded to look like a dark red wine that had spilled. Fake clutter. The most absurd thing ever.

I never found a sales rep. If I were a less paranoid person, I would have stolen the fake clutter. Its just so laughable.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised that more model homes don't have problems with theft.

Hi Guys.

thinking about buying home in westheimer lakes. I see there are some positives like,

1. almost equidistant from 59 and I 10.

2. It is at end of Westpark tollway so easy access to westpark tollway.

3. Two miles from GrandParkway

4. Relatively better price compared to cinco ranch and grand lakes

However, It has some negatives like,

1. Lamar ISD

2. No Grocery shope around in that area

Could you please put in some of your thoughts on this location ?? I'm new to houston and would love to see your feedback.

thanks

Hi Guys.

thinking about buying home in westheimer lakes. I see there are some positives like,

1. almost equidistant from 59 and I 10.

2. It is at end of Westpark tollway so easy access to westpark tollway.

3. Two miles from GrandParkway

4. Relatively better price compared to cinco ranch and grand lakes

However, It has some negatives like,

1. Lamar ISD

2. No Grocery shope around in that area

Could you please put in some of your thoughts on this location ?? I'm new to houston and would love to see your feedback.

thanks

x

• 3 months later...
You're definitely correct about Cy-Fair/Cypress area, Klein, Spring, and Katy. Sugarland used to be mostly native Houstonians, but that percentage has gotten lower in the last 10 years. The Woodlands was mostly native Houstonians and New York transplants, but recently (post 1995) has become the place marketed to upper middle income professional newcomers.

As for where I live now, I hardly ever see any native Houstonians, or even people who have lived here more than 5 years for that matter. I have a 6th sense for native or long time Houstonians, and the people I see while shopping or driving in my car to work are not either. Of course, everything has just gotten confusing with the population of Houston area surging now that it's well known for low cost of living.

I live at Beltway 8 and West Rd near Jersey Village. My area used to be a very quiet and tranquil suburb of Houston, but now it's become way overpopulated with apartments, schools, grocery stores, gas stations, strip centers, pretty much all clumped together at one intersection. Not even 6 years ago there was nothing there. Now it's a mess. Stupid commercial developers, thanks for ruining my lily white community.

Actually, if you look at the marketing data for Thw Woodlands, 90% of the residents are from the houston area, or even more so, relocation from within the Woodlands. The Woodlands does not market outside Houston much, since all the base of new residents is right here.

Actually, that number is very correct and I have the marketing data in front of me to prove it.

This is also not to say that they do not advertise outside of Houston, but the vast majority of it is in town, and with electronic marketing becoming more and more prevalent, it is harder to differentiate the two.

Evidently you don't get out of Houston much, no other community in Houston markets itself outside of Houston more than The Woodlands. Additionally, that 90% number is incorrect.

There are Europeans all over town. I've got them on my street too. ;)

The British consulate said during the Katrina evac that there were over 160,000 British expats living in the Greater Houston area.

I'm unsure how many Aussies live in Sydney Harbour though... :P

Archived