Arts And Crafts Style Homes In The Heights

There has been a lot of new construction in the Heights with varying architectural styles.

Has any of you come across a modern interpretation of an Arts and Crafts style home that you really liked?

Where at?

My personal favorite are some of the designs from Campa Newberry on

717 E 7 1/2 st

611 E 16th

There has been a lot of new construction in the Heights with varying architectural styles.

Has any of you come across a modern interpretation of an Arts and Crafts style home that you really liked?

Where at?

My personal favorite are some of the designs from Campa Newberry on

717 E 7 1/2 st

611 E 16th

I thought these new builds on Nicholson were an interesting modern interpretation of "arts & craft"...I am not sure how exactly I feel about them...they are squished together on as little land as possible but they did catch my eye over what is being built in the heights lately..It is hard to see but they do have nice details like the doors and columns and exposed rafter ends:

hr1417880-13.jpg

hr1417880-10.jpg

I thought these new builds on Nicholson were an interesting modern interpretation of "arts & craft"...I am not sure how exactly I feel about them...they are squished together on as little land as possible but they did catch my eye over what is being built in the heights lately..It is hard to see but they do have nice details like the doors and columns and exposed rafter ends:

hr1417880-13.jpg

hr1417880-10.jpg

At first I didn't care too much for these but they do grow on you. You have to give the builder credit for trying something a little different. Six are completed with six more to go. I think they are currently priced at $469,000.

hr1417880-13.jpg

hr1417880-10.jpg

I have looked at these houses and am thinking of buying.

The lots are actually over 4500 sq ft. The builder set the houses back to include a larger front yard and a small backyard and garage off of alley. The builder did a good job with details inside and out. Lots of construction going on Nicholson and surrounding streets.

How about the real thing?

Bungalow Revival reno

Ofcourse, don't get me wrong...I prefer the real thing 100 times over but that wasn't the initial question !

;)

I also hope that the recent media attention to the problem of destroying the original, early century housing that has made the heights so popular, will do some good too...

In the meantime, putting up an italian style stucco thing that is three stories tall is destroying the character of the area faster than the new ones that are atleast in a similar style with the surrounding area...

But, let it be known I prefer the original houses...nothing can replace them...I love the character of my old house..

I have looked at these houses and am thinking of buying.

The lots are actually over 4500 sq ft. The builder set the houses back to include a larger front yard and a small backyard and garage off of alley. The builder did a good job with details inside and out. Lots of construction going on Nicholson and surrounding streets.

I live one block south of these.

At least check out Sullivan Builders' new homes going up on 9th and Nicholson. They are a great group of people and live one block away. Your builder is your neighbor.

Guest danax

The design of those Nicholson St. homes is ....ok. It does look like they tried to create a blend of the Craftsman style with a modern townhome in order to conform to the skinny lot.

The bungalows that HeightsGuy posted are in a different category altogether. Great examples of what an ugly duckling can become. Those folks have figured out how to convert the humble, working-class bungalow into something it never was; an upper-class residence, and have managed to keep the historic feel too. And the 625K price shows there's real value in owning the genuine article.

• The title was changed to Arts And Crafts Architecture - Any Outstanding New Builds?
  • The title was changed to Arts And Crafts Style Homes In The Heights