Downtown Mall

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

There's been talk about The Pavillion and The Rennovation of The Park.

I think there should be a bigger mall in downtown HOuston. Not just a mall but feature all types of entertainment,nightlife,and shopping. The design for this mall has already been built.

I'm talking about the Downtown tunnel network. With a little rennovation this could be the biggest mall inthe city. new asthetics and stores and it will be set. Only other thing is to put independent entrances and exits since buildings close around 6.

There's been talk about The Pavillion and The Rennovation of The Park.

I think there should be a bigger mall in downtown HOuston. Not just a mall but feature all types of entertainment,nightlife,and shopping. The design for this mall has already been built.

I'm talking about the Downtown tunnel network. With a little rennovation this could be the biggest mall inthe city. new asthetics and stores and it will be set. Only other thing is to put independent entrances and exits since buildings close around 6.

Plastic, you need to delete one of your duplicate threads.

I agree with you about the need for more entrances and exits, except that the tenants aren't typically of the type that would be all that in demand after 6PM. Wishful thinking, really. It isn't going to happen. So-called "new urbanists" would kill the proposal because it'd take people out of the elements, put them in a comfortable environment, and in so doing eliminate their romantic vision of urbanity.

Edited by TheNiche

Guest Plastic

This is Houston, screw this closer to nature crap. It rains every few days and is 90 degress the rest of the days. Noway I'm going to shop here in the weather of Houston.

This is Houston, screw this closer to nature crap. It rains every few days and is 90 degress the rest of the days. Noway I'm going to shop here in the weather of Houston.

Its not completely about nature. Its more or less about the aesthetic of having throngs of pedestrians play in traffic or some such thing.

Btw, DELETE YOUR DUPLICATE THREAD.

having been in the tunnels, believe me, I much rather not be in the tunnels while shopping. While the malls and tunnels are the same in size, a mall is easier to navigate, especially if the stores are far apart from each other.

I just can't see a mall downtown getting more business than current malls like the Galleria, especially since Pavillions and Bayou Place already exist. I predict Pavillions to be a major draw. If people want to go to a great mall, why would they prefer to go downtown rather than the Galleria?

Guest Plastic

It's not to replace the Galleria. WHile the draw of the Galleria is price the draw of Downtown would be size.

The Pavillions,Bayou Place,and The park would be centers of it. They'd all be connected and part of the tunnel network. Sound outrageous? It works in Atlanta where they have this underground mall,and it gets packed.

I like the idea of a Downtown Mall, or at least expand Houston Center to 60 more malls. Kick the business tenants out, and you got yourself that kinda place. Forget parking, I say ppl should stack the Metorail cars with themselves :D to Downtown, get off at the nearest station to the tunnel system. They'll be like, "Ahh, a mall in Downtown Houston where you can cut thru the tunnels to the mall instead of goin to a stacky sucky parking lot structure for it. And we can go to the stores we want in an urban setting." **evil laughter**

And if all else fails, lets try a DT Mall -- underground. At least we have a tunnel system. NYC has em, and San Francisco has a mall below DT where you take BART to one of the stations and walk right into the SF Shopping Centre.