Gangs Of Katy

Trae

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4385463

They know this because deputies who study the graffiti come to know which symbols and colors are associated with certain gangs. Often times, they see things that just don't add up.

These kids need to stop acting stupid. A lot of them think they are in gangs, but they don't even know what colors to use. This was one of the funnier thing I have seen this month.

• Like 1

They don't add up because the kids are most likely painting graffiti that they saw in some other part of town, and have no clue as to what it means themselves.

So when the police see some graffiti that says " Puppet loves Lonelygirl" and has a Rollin' 60's with a downturned Pitchfork underneath it, over by the Sears Hardware on Mason Rd., the cops are like WTH, what retarded blood member wrote this ?

Edited by TJones

Guest danax

The thug/gangsta deal is really popular right now and this is probably just more of that. However, if the City of Katy is smart, they'll deal with it quickly as the beginnings of a downward trend begin with perceptions. Graffiti, groups of thugish looking youngsters walking the streets and buyers will start looking elsewhere, except those who either are used to that scene or can't afford anything better. Then of course, those who live there now and are law abiding, will pack up and move. 10 years later, people will go, "what the hell happened ?".

Whether the above happens or not, the time will come when real gangs, if they're still around, will be suburban by and large, and Katy will likely have their share.

They don't add up because the kids are most likely painting graffiti that they saw in some other part of town, and have no clue as to what it means themselves.

So when the police see some graffiti that says " Puppet loves Lonelygirl" and has a Rollin' 60's with a downturned Pitchfork underneath it, over by the Sears Hardware on Mason Rd., the cops are like WTH, what retarded blood member wrote this ?

The thug/gangsta deal is really popular right now and this is probably just more of that. However, if the City of Katy is smart, they'll deal with it quickly as the beginnings of a downward trend begin with perceptions. Graffiti, groups of thugish looking youngsters walking the streets and buyers will start looking elsewhere, except those who either are used to that scene or can't afford anything better. Then of course, those who live there now and are law abiding, will pack up and move. 10 years later, people will go, "what the hell happened ?".

Whether the above happens or not, the time will come when real gangs, if they're still around, will be suburban by and large, and Katy will likely have their share.

TJones, that's I'm saying. Kids around here are not street smart at all. They put six point starts in red. :wacko:

Also danax, Alief was the same way 20 years ago. It was one of the nicer areas of Houston, not Alief is just hood. Katy is just might go through the same thing. At least the areas north of IH-10. It might take 30 years, but it could happen.

TJones, that's I'm saying. Kids around here are not street smart at all. They put six point starts in red. :wacko:

Also danax, Alief was the same way 20 years ago. It was one of the nicer areas of Houston, not Alief is just hood. Katy is just might go through the same thing. At least the areas north of IH-10. It might take 30 years, but it could happen.

Trae, I don't know if you have been here in Katy long enough to know, but Katy cops are a very tight knit "Good 'Ol Boys" club. If you are speeding and they pull you over, you better have a spastic colon in effect, as evidence that you were trying to get to your house to use the bathroom, or you are gonna pay a ticket. They do not look the other way where crime is concerned, and I'll bet their response time is some of the best in the NATION !

The damn grafitti is not even a real symbol, looks like some douche made up a shape, what a joke! :lol:

ktrk_072006_gangstory.jpg

Ummm. that IS a real symbol I am afraid. That is "Folk Nation." A "white " gang. Since we are in Katy, that may be about what you would see around here in Katy. I didn't link to the abc piece you provided, I was mixing WAAAAAAAYYYYY different gangs in my earlier post, just making it funny, and now that I see that pic, it ain't so funny.

Which neighborhood is that ?

Edited by TJones

Looks like Westgreen. The whole ABC story was done around the area of Morton Ranch High. Westgreen was the example of "gangs" in Katy.

Well, there you have it, Morton Ranch and Mayde Creek, are kinda getting "ghetto". That is why I stay on ..........the southside the southside, the southside the southside ! of I-10.

Edited by TJones

I thought the story was quite lame. I was just like UGH...they're sinking to the level of channel 2.

C'mon, look at 'em they got Dolceyouknowwho, a real life "Stalker" running around doing there investigative works. What can you really expect ?

Actually if it's in the westgreen area, it's more than likely that the Katy police wont come because technically that area isn't in Katy nor Houston, it's kind of like a metro of both cities. Or so I heard, but either way it's more likely the sheriff's from the local station on Fry Rd. will come and from my experience they have slow ass response times.

And some Graffiti went up on the fence of my neighbors right across the street from me, wether its real or from some bored suburban kids(more than likely) I don't know.

Magnolia, the town north of Tomball? I didn't realize that fake suburban gangs wouldn't stand a chance there.

wtf? Magnolia, the inner city neighborhood next to Denver Harbor....the intersection of Wayside and Harisburg going towards Navigation.

Park.

Magnolia Park. Think Navigation, Harrisburg, Canal, Wayside.

ahhhh, you beat me to it!!

Well, I have no idea where Sunnyside or Denver Harbor are, so for all I know, you were talking about towns in Texas or other parts of America.

Most people who live in north Houston, as I do, would have thought Magnolia, the town, and would have no clue where Magnolia Park on the east side of town is.

I thought Navigation/Wayside was more of an established area with families and homeowners. Why are they allowing their kids' gangs to take over? That's a sign of bad parenting and bad citizenship.

Well, I have no idea where Sunnyside or Denver Harbor are, so for all I know, you were talking about towns in Texas or other parts of America.

Most people who live in north Houston, as I do, would have thought Magnolia, the town, and would have no clue where Magnolia Park on the east side of town is.

I thought Navigation/Wayside was more of an established area with families and homeowners. Why are they allowing their kids' gangs to take over? That's a sign of bad parenting and bad citizenship.

I may agree with you, but it comes in cycles. It is much better when *I* grew up in that general area. It's all a relative. From what a few of my clients have said, your turn will be coming soon.

Every anecdote I've come across seems to indicate that the East End topped out in crime during the early- to mid-90's.

I watched the story online from channel 13 and all I can say is that it looks like a bunch of POSERS.

There is no MS-13 in Katy, give me a break. If you watch the link story online, you can see how they just pan across it without stopping and they don't even mention THAT piece of graffiti in the news story. This is nothing more than bored teens.

Another thing that I thought odd, was the cool CG graphic that showed all the complaints, NONE of them were in the Westgreen Sub. They were all in Katy proper. Nothing is adding up here. Just a slow news day. The stabbing at the Denny's though. That is not normal for around here.

the stabbing = all the members of AA who frequent the establishment at 3 am in the morning. most come from the heights and such areas and are tired of the white boy gangster mentality of katy.

its just another reason why the world is better off without AA

the stabbing = all the members of AA who frequent the establishment at 3 am in the morning. most come from the heights and such areas and are tired of the white boy gangster mentality of katy.

its just another reason why the world is better off without AA

I have friends in S.W.A.T., and they are tired of people in Katy thinking they are in gangs. They especialy hate the Cinco Ranch kids. They were telling me they might walk up in Katy Mills, or Cinco, one day and try to find some Katy poser kids making gang signs. Then fight the hell out of them. A lot of people are getting tired of the white boy mentality out here.