Lot Value

seagram

If you will go to this website and do a address search, it will allow you to do a range, it should give you what the values are by the county.

http://www.hcad.org/records/real.asp?search=addr

Never, never, never get comps from HCAD. Their valuations seem to average about 85% of true value, but the variance is just massive. They're all over the place. With vacant land, they're frequently WAY below value.

Never, never, never get comps from HCAD. Their valuations seem to average about 85% of true value, but the variance is just massive. They're all over the place. With vacant land, they're frequently WAY below value.

It is better than nothing. I'll give you half a clue as to what the value might be sorta close to.

HCAD is completely meaningless in areas undergoing significant gentrification. For example, consider the area immediately north of Hermann Park (77004). HCAD appraisals for this area are typically in the $20-25 per sq ft range, however, the prevailing market rate is $40-50 per sq ft.

HCAD is completely meaningless in areas undergoing significant gentrification. For example, consider the area immediately north of Hermann Park (77004). HCAD appraisals for this area are typically in the $20-25 per sq ft range, however, the prevailing market rate is $40-50 per sq ft.

I guarantee none of you will be bitching about HCAD appraisals come tax time, if you owned any of those properties.

So don't try to down play it here. It is a tool to get a better understanding of the area. I understand that prices are skyrocketing in the area, but if a person wants to make an offer,you bet I'm gonna use the tax appraisal as a tool on my side.

I guarantee none of you will be bitching about HCAD appraisals come tax time, if you owned any of those properties.

So don't try to down play it here. It is a tool to get a better understanding of the area. I understand that prices are skyrocketing in the area, but if a person wants to make an offer,you bet I'm gonna use the tax appraisal as a tool on my side.

Yeah, good luck with that...

What is the value of a Lot on Heights Blvd? Thinking about buying.

Thanks

The area around lower Nicholson had a recent sale of $28 per sq. ft. so I would think the boulevard would be a good bit higher if something becomes available.

To you give an idea of appreciation, 2 1/2 years ago that area of Nicholson was going for $13/sq.ft.

HCAD values have a whole lot more to do with how well someone fights their taxes than with the current market conditions.

Occassionally I have an agent try to use them as a bargaining tool, and they get nowhere. What I do see happening is people sometimes get "hung up" on HCAD values that are not reflective of the current market, and low bid or pass on a property they really would like. Ultimately losing out because they were making decisions with bad information.

A lot on harvard and 14th sold for 210 as a tear down. Some people in the same area are trying to get 250 for obvious tear downs. They are still awaiting a buyer. Depending upon location, imo, lot values are between 180 and 220.

I bought a lot on OXFORD just to the North of White Oak. It was about $31/SF.

On nicer streets in the Houston Heights you pay $230K for a 6,600 SF lot (~$35/SF)

I would say that $265K for a lot on Heights Blvd. would be a good deal and for a prime location you may have to spend close to $300K.

Keep in mind that most lots on Heights Blvd. are 7,500 SF and therefore cost more than the other "standart" lot in the Heighs that are either 6,600 or 6,250 SF.

As I understand there are 2 builders that have driven up prices of lots in the area.

Those 2 builders are Allegro and TRICON.

Good luck.

• The title was changed to Lot Value