i'm sure you have seen this movie (Cujo)

goodness

it's a horror movie about a rabid dog terrorizing a small community. (produced in 1983)

I saw it last saturday on TNT. I couldn't continue watching it after seeing the scene in which Wallace-Stone was attacked in her car by the rabid dog while her child was screaming.

Although it's just a movie, it really really scared me. It left me in a situation I can't get out of it.

I couldn't even continue reading the novel "The dark half" because it was written by the same authorn, Stephen King, who wrote"Cujo". the movie based on a novel.

Don't you think that this kind of movies could could negatively affect kids?

it's a horror movie about a rabid dog terrorizing a small community. (produced in 1983)

I saw it last saturday on TNT. I couldn't continue watching it after seeing the scene in which Wallace-Stone was attacked in her car by the rabid dog while her child was screaming.

Although it's just a movie, it really really scared me. It left me in a situation I can't get out of it.

I couldn't even continue reading the novel "The dark half" because it was written by the same authorn, Stephen King, who wrote"Cujo". the movie based on a novel.

I do not know. I did not think it was too scary. The dog is wagging his tail for pete sakes. That is just my opinion. All kids are different. I know a few 6 years olds who can watch anything and not be scared. Others will have nightmares from watching Scooby Doo (seriously).

I think many of us remember Jaws and the effect it had on us swimming afterwards. I was a little afraid of the beach for a while. I was probably 5-7 when it came out and my dad took my sister and I to see it. My mom was TICKED OFF.

Sure , scary movies always affect kids, that is why they are called SCARY MOVIES ! Then you watch them 10 years later and laugh at how GAWD AWFUL, the acting is and how fake the monster looks, and you are like, "what was I so scared about."

I still don't like clowns though. CREEPY little jerks.

The dog is wagging his tail for pete sakes.

He was happy, because he knew he was fixin' to eat the little boy !

I don't think so. Kids are surprisingly resilient, and although they may initially appear afraid, or cry, or go into catatonia their coping mechanisms will eventually kick in. It's usually the parents who come unglued.

And there's an important message in this movie, the positive influence of which will more than compensate for any discomfort the child may experience: never, ever trust a Ford Pinto!

Trophy Property

I think it's a relativity. I've watched a lot of scary movies like the one you mentioned (jaws) but I don't know why i'm still scared of this one only (Cujo).

Seviv

I wish that I could conduct a survey to find out where will be the big number. is it the number of children who enjoy watching these movies or children who feel scary (scary in a bad way)

Tjones

i'm 25. this is the problem :). thank you for the message.

dpigtex56

I was just like the parents in this part :)

goodness, I have a mvie that similarly affected me. It is called "Prophecy", and it ain't the one with Christopher Walken. It is another one, that is like Cujo, a "B" movie horror flick. I wouldn't go camping for years after I saw that when I was a young lad of 10 years. Cujo came out around the same time, and I have never had a prob. with that, never been afraid of dogs, even Pitbulls.