Books - Free to a good home

editor

My wife has been cleaning out her stuff, and has ended up with a pile of very good books that we'd rather not throw into the garbage bin. So, I'm posting the list of books here. If anyone is interested in any of them, you can have them. I only ask that you pay for the postage. I'll send it book rate, if you like, since that's cheapest -- generally less than $2.00 per book for softcovers. You don't have to take them all -- just PM me with a list of the ones that interest you.

Girl With a Pearl Earring (1999) - Tracy Chevalier - softcover - perfect condition

The Habsburg Monarchy 1809-1918 (1990) - AJP Taylor - softcover - fair/poor condition

A Listener's Guide to Mozart's Great Operas (unknown, appears 90's) - Spike Hughes - softcover - perfect condition

Mozart and Vienna (1991) - HC Robbins Landon - softcover - very good condition

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1995 ed) - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - hardcover - perfect condition

The Way We Live Now (2002 ed) - Anthony Trollope - softcover - very good condition

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (2000) - Gregory Maguire - softcover - very good condition

Mirror Mirror (2003) - Gregory Maguire - softcover - very good condition

The House of the Seven Gables (1985 ed) - Nathaniel Hawthorne - hardcover - perfect condiition

Little Women (1985 ed) - Louisa May Alcott - hardcover - perfect condition

Tess of the d'Ubervilles (1985 ed) - Thomas Hardy - hardcover - very good condition

Tales of the Sea (1992) - South Street Seaport Museum - hardcover - perfect condition

A Night Without Armor (poems by Jewel - 1998) - Jewel - hardcover - perfect condition

Prague in Black and White (1997) - Peter Demetz - softcover - good condition

The Crucible Screenplay (1996 ed) - Arthur Miller - softcover - perfect condition

The World's Best Kept Beauty Secrets (1997) - Diane Irons - softcover - good condition

Career Opportunities in the Fashion Industry (2002 ed) - Peter Vogt - softcover - good condition

Sting: The Secret Life of Gordon Sumner (1996) - Wensley Clarkson - hardcover - good condition

In Cold Blood (1993 ed) - Truman Capote - softcover - good condition

Versailles (2003) - Kathryn Davis - softcover - perfect condition

Ruslan (2003) - Barbara Scrupski - softcover - very good condition

Tori Amos Collectors Book (1997) - softcover - very good condition

The Art of Travel (1971 ed of 1872 book) - softcover - Francis Galton - perfect condition

City Chic: An Urban Girl's Guide to Livin' Lagre on Less (2003) - Nina Willdorf - softcover - perfect condition

Skin Secrets: The Medical Facts Versus The Beauty Fiction (1999) - Nicholas Lowe - softcover - very good condition

The Beauty Bible (1997) - Paula Begoun - softcover - very good condition

Art Class: A Complete Guide to Painting (1999) - softcover - very good condition

The Seas (poetry) (1996) - hardcover - perfect condition

Fashion Drawing: The Basic Principles (2002) - Allen and Seaman - softcover - very good condition

The Canterbury Tales: An Illustrated Edition (1992) - Geoffrey Chaucer - hardcover - perfect condition

<------------smacks groovehouse ! Quit trying to help. :P

I'd rather not drag them 50 miles out into the suburbs. It would probably cost more in gas then I would get back in cash.

Now, my wife is going to go through her 7,000 CDs soon and plans to throw at least half away. THEN I might take them to a resale place, if I'm not too lazy.

I'd rather not drag them 50 miles out into the suburbs. It would probably cost more in gas then I would get back in cash.

Now, my wife is going to go through her 7,000 CDs soon and plans to throw at least half away. THEN I might take them to a resale place, if I'm not too lazy.

7,000 CD's. That is amazing. That is a lot of music. I used to buy 2-3 CD's a week but then I discovered Naptster (5 years ago) and the world of music was mine for free. Then they got shut down !!!

I know pay $.99 per song from Itunes, but I like the set up.

7,000 CD's is amaizng. It is hard to imagine that many CD's. Tell us more.

TJones gets:

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1995 ed) - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - hardcover - perfect condition

The House of the Seven Gables (1985 ed) - Nathaniel Hawthorne - hardcover - perfect condiition

Little Women (1985 ed) - Louisa May Alcott - hardcover - perfect condition

Tess of the d'Ubervilles (1985 ed) - Thomas Hardy - hardcover - very good condition

Tales of the Sea (1992) - South Street Seaport Museum - hardcover - perfect condition

A Night Without Armor (poems by Jewel - 1998) - Jewel - hardcover - perfect condition

Sting: The Secret Life of Gordon Sumner (1996) - Wensley Clarkson - hardcover - good condition

The Seas (poetry) (1996) - hardcover - perfect condition

The Canterbury Tales: An Illustrated Edition (1992) - Geoffrey Chaucer - hardcover - perfect condition

I'll PM you in the morning with information on shipping.

7,000 CD's. That is amazing. That is a lot of music. I used to buy 2-3 CD's a week but then I discovered Naptster (5 years ago) and the world of music was mine for free. Then they got shut down !!!

I know pay $.99 per song from Itunes, but I like the set up.

7,000 CD's is amaizng. It is hard to imagine that many CD's. Tell us more.

I'm not sure what to say. She owned most of them before we met. She's all over the map, from Bj

Archived