Selecting Community In Katy

Falcon Ranch still has at least two years. The have a new section, Falcon Ranch II coming up.

Not really. Falcon Ranch II is already built out. There maybe like 4 or 5 homes left. Its those really really big homes. North of Falcon Landing Blvd. South of Falcon Landing there is still some more but no more than 2 yrs. of building.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

we also are looking into moving out to the Katy area. Have been looking at Lennar and Meritage home builders. Any comments (good or bad) on either of these? No BBB info that I could find. Probably either in the Grayson Lakes area, or Cinco/Seven Meadows areas. Is the quality of these builders pretty much the "standard" now? One thing we noticed w/ all the homes we have looked at is that no one has real wood cabinets (it must be an expensive "custom" feature now-even though my 30 yr old house has solid wood cupboards). Any info appreciated!

we also are looking into moving out to the Katy area. Have been looking at Lennar and Meritage home builders. Any comments (good or bad) on either of these? No BBB info that I could find. Probably either in the Grayson Lakes area, or Cinco/Seven Meadows areas. Is the quality of these builders pretty much the "standard" now? One thing we noticed w/ all the homes we have looked at is that no one has real wood cabinets (it must be an expensive "custom" feature now-even though my 30 yr old house has solid wood cupboards). Any info appreciated!

We built a Meritage home in Seven Meadows and have been very pleased with the quality and the overall home-building process. We used an independent home inspector/engineer and he was only able to identify very minor changes that were needed.

We went with the "luxury" package although we still ended up needing some additional upgrades to get the selection we wanted. Still the home was reasonably priced for the quality and features we received.

We built a Meritage home in Seven Meadows and have been very pleased with the quality and the overall home-building process. We used an independent home inspector/engineer and he was only able to identify very minor changes that were needed.

We went with the "luxury" package although we still ended up needing some additional upgrades to get the selection we wanted. Still the home was reasonably priced for the quality and features we received.

which model did you choose? And what did you upgrade? We will have to prob. upgrade carpet, will need wood in the master (I can't have carpet due to severe asthma and allergies), and would prefer an all brick exterior. Looked yesterday at the model we want out off 59 S. and it re-afirmed the choice in my mind! I LOVE that house! We had a new house once, years ago, and ended up not being what we wanted. Now that we are older and "wiser" we have a much better idea of features, etc... that we want. Was crown molding an upgrade? It would be nice, but not necessary. Thanks for the info.

which model did you choose? And what did you upgrade? We will have to prob. upgrade carpet, will need wood in the master (I can't have carpet due to severe asthma and allergies), and would prefer an all brick exterior. Looked yesterday at the model we want out off 59 S. and it re-afirmed the choice in my mind! I LOVE that house! We had a new house once, years ago, and ended up not being what we wanted. Now that we are older and "wiser" we have a much better idea of features, etc... that we want. Was crown molding an upgrade? It would be nice, but not necessary. Thanks for the info.

We built the Torrington plan. Crown molding did not require an upgrade. We have it in the family room, kitchen/breakfast room, master bedroom, and dining room. The dining room also has chair rails and shadow box molding. Also, there are several arches in the house that came standard.

We upgraded the Corian countertops to granite and the oak cabinets to cherry. We also upgraded the white appliances to stainless steel.

Flooring for the package was tile in the entry and wet areas, carpet elsewhere. We upgraded the carpet pad and had the tile laid on a diagonal pattern. Wood is available as an upgrade.

We also did other upgrades based on our tastes...cast stone fireplace, exterior stone accents, etc.

• The title was changed to Selecting Community In Katy