Watch TV while you Pump Gas

I was reading : http://blogs.brilliantbutcancelled.com/newswire/ and it said that tvs will be placed in gas stations while you pump.

"100 stations in Dallas, Houston and Atlanta will try the program, which features TV spots from ABC affiliates. The network's owner, Disney, is selling the advertisements to pay for the experiment. "

but interesting enough do we HAVE to watch TV while pumping for gas?!

I can say River Oaks and Memorial may get these test programs first. Not likely the darker parts of Houston would.

If anyone sees this please let me know! I am interested in what its like! what channels there are.

Sooo anyone interesting in watching HD while pumping Prem. gas for $4.99 a gallon?

drive-throughs at chase bank have little monitors showing cnn or somehting. and there are cameras installed right above the monitors. i guess that's for some kind of security to get attention so that they get a good look at your face or something. but this is at gas stations.... smells :ph34r:

drive-throughs at chase bank have little monitors showing cnn or somehting. and there are cameras installed right above the monitors. i guess that's for some kind of security to get attention so that they get a good look at your face or something. but this is at gas stations.... smells :ph34r:

My bank - Sterling Bank on Westhiemer right inside Beltway has TV monitors going as well. Since you can not see the teller, when they talk to you their face pops on on the screen. It is quite disturbing. They play CNBC or Fox News or some other garbage. Inevetivbly a good story comes on and you have to miss it when the teller interupts with a face shot or you get your reciept and people are behind you waiting. I amn not convinced that others don't continue watching after their bank transcations are complete. The line always takes forever there.

Back to the pumps. Yeah, why not. It is something to read. We have Capitvate in our Elevators and I get some news from it sometimes. It is something to look at for the 15 seconds it takes to ride up. God forbid we would have to talk to other people.

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen these T.V. things before.

Yup, Murphy USA, the gas stations at WalMart had them for a while here. They did provide a mute button so you would not have to be blasted and made deaf while you pumped your gas. Thank goodness they were removed!

Archived