pandora

sevfiv

has anyone used pandora before?

at first, i thought this crazy analysis of music parts would be senseless and actually take away from the music, but after using and "tuning" it for a little while, it actually plays stuff i like (and that i've never heard of before).

Together we set out to capture the essence of music at the most fundamental level. We ended up assembling literally hundreds of musical attributes or "genes" into a very large Music Genome. Taken together these genes capture the unique and magical musical identity of a song - everything from melody, harmony and rhythm, to instrumentation, orchestration, arrangement, lyrics, and of course the rich world of singing and vocal harmony.

Over the past 5 years, we've carefully listened to the songs of over 10,000 different artists - ranging from popular to obscure - and analyzed the musical qualities of each song one attribute at a time.

I usually use my ipod at work, but when I've gotten sick of listening to the same 1,900 songs over and over, I put on Pandora. its a great way to discover music you didn't know you might be interested in. Plus from what I have heard, they have no tie ins to direct you to certain music, so it is more indie than itunes.

Archived