Houston Reporter Moving On

It's even more interesting when they boomerang back to a different station.

After leaving 13, Alan Hemberger bounced around some Texas markets before coming back to 39

After leaving 13 when Art Rascon was brought in to fill the 5, Vicente Arenas bounced off of San Antonio to come back to 11.

By the way, the ratings are in. 11 won all but the mornings, and the most interesting result is that KPRC came in forth in the 5PM time period behind a Spanish language station.

This morning I was watching KVUE, the Austin ABC affiliate, doing the local news, when who do you think came on? Talk about weird. But then, his name is synonymous with weird! It was a segment of Walton's World about the Houston Zoo!

I did a search in fear that I would find he was now in Austin, but, to my great relief, I see he is still with Ch11. I guess KVUE bought the segment from KHOU.

Last year I was up in the Philadelphia area at my company's headquarters for training. One night I was watching the local news on the ABC station and a report came on from Nydia Han, who used to be a consumer investigator here at KTRK-13. I didn't even know she was no longer in Houston until I saw her on the news in Philly.

• 2 weeks later...
Last year I was up in the Philadelphia area at my company's headquarters for training. One night I was watching the local news on the ABC station and a report came on from Nydia Han, who used to be a consumer investigator here at KTRK-13. I didn't even know she was no longer in Houston until I saw her on the news in Philly.

More trivia: Chris Wragge, Channel 2 Sports was an Entertainment Tonight host and is married to playboy playmate Victoria Silvsdtedt.

More trivia: Chris Wragge, Channel 2 Sports was an Entertainment Tonight host and is married to playboy playmate Victoria Silvsdtedt.

I remember back about 15 years there was some scandal with Ed Brandon, the weather guy. Anyone remember what that was all about?

It strange to go to a different city and see a TV reporter who you remember from Houston. In Austin, Olga Campos, Jim Bergamo and James Irby are among those I remember from Houston stations.

Radio's the same way. I remember going to NYC in 2000 and heard Paul "Cubby" Bryant from 104 with his own popular radio show there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I always wondered why he looked so familiar, now I know. I still think that last name is ridiculous.

He lives in Kingwood and his wife was my Kindergarten teacher. I also worked with one of his sons at my step-dad's restaurant last summer.

Edited by KDubRedRaider