Digital Photography Project

I hadn't seen this before on HCAD until recently but thought it was interesting...I wonder if the pictures will be for public viewing..and if it will make it through the trial stages..

http://hcad.org/Resources/DigiPhoto.asp

The Harris County Appraisal District has contracted with Mobile Video Services, Inc. for a pilot project to digitally photograph the exterior of each residence and business in a test area and validate its address.

Project Goals and Benefits

Validate property addresses to identify homes and businesses for fire, police and medical emergency response.

Improve the overall quality of property tax appraisals.

Save taxpayers money by making the property tax administration process more efficient.

Assist homeowners and businesses with

I hadn't seen this before on HCAD until recently but thought it was interesting...I wonder if the pictures will be for public viewing..and if it will make it through the trial stages..

http://hcad.org/Resources/DigiPhoto.asp

the link doesn't work, and i couldn't find it on their resources page, but it sounds like something i saw recently on a county website (florida i think) where there was an option for an image in the record (of course, none had one :rolleyes: )

the link doesn't work, and i couldn't find it on their resources page, but it sounds like something i saw recently on a county website (florida i think) where there was an option for an image in the record (of course, none had one :rolleyes: )

it is on the main hcad website on the left under Consumer Alerts "HCAD Photography Vans"

Fort Bend County does this.

EDIT: ...did this.

Edited by TheNiche

I wonder if the pictures will be for public viewing..

I imagine the pictures will be for internal appraiser viewing only.

There is a new law this year in Texas that removed all property images and sketches from the internet posted property records. The reasoning was that it made it too easy for crooks to "case" your house online.

A lot of counties used to have the house exterior dimensions posted online in a little diagram and a few counties had posted photographs of properties, along with the diagram. They have all been removed though.

Edited by gnu

I imagine the pictures will be for internal appraiser viewing only.

There is a new law this year in Texas that removed all property images and sketches from the internet posted property records. The reasoning was that it made it too easy for crooks to "case" your house online.

Dallas county used to have digital images of the houses on the CAD page until last year but now they're gone. Perhaps for the reason you mentioned.

Jason