Mattress Mac on MTV this week!

DJ V Lawrence

y'all watched Jamie Kennedy's Blowin' Up last night? It was a whole episode giving Houston it's props:) It was shot during All-Star Weekend, and the episode was about him ending up on a Gallery Furniture spot. Houston was looking hot, yo!

y'all watched Jamie Kennedy's Blowin' Up last night? It was a whole episode giving Houston it's props:) It was shot during All-Star Weekend, and the episode was about him ending up on a Gallery Furniture spot. Houston was looking hot, yo!

nO, I hope they rerun it :)

Ugh! It was shot during the NBA All-Star weekend? That was the crappiest, most miserable, depressing weekend (weather-wise) all season! I hated that the All-Star game and festivities fell on that weekend. Or rather that the weather fell on the All-Star game and festivities. That weather wasn't representative of Houston. It belonged to another city.

But that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'm going to try and catch the episode.

Ugh! It was shot during the NBA All-Star weekend? That was the crappiest, most miserable, depressing weekend (weather-wise) all season! I hated that the All-Star game and festivities fell on that weekend. Or rather that the weather fell on the All-Star game and festivities. That weather wasn't representative of Houston. It belonged to another city.

But that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'm going to try and catch the episode.

I'm curious if that Gallery Furniture commercial will ever be shown on regular tv. I've NEVER cracked up so hard in while :lol: I'll try to put it on my myspace:)

I believe it's channel 30 on Time-Warner and it airs again tomorrow around noon. I'm going to set my DVR since I didn't see it the other day.

Darnnit. I have dish. Anyone else know. For some reason this sounds very interesting to me. Thanks.

NEVERMIND !!!!

My lazy butt googled it: B)

MTV - BLOWIN UP

So it's a real commercial? It sounds hilarious. But if it was shot way back in February, why are they just now airing it?

Is Jamie Kennedy in the commercial?

Yea, the exact video they filmed for the Jamie Kennedy show is a REAL commercial! Jamie Kennedy and his homie Stu are rapping about Gallery Furniture with their grills on, Stu's in a mattress suit, and Mattress Mac is getting crunk and raising the roof!

I guess they decided to release the commercial now since the Jamie Kennedy episode just showed last night, but yea, it was real, yo!

DUDE, I JUST SAW THE COMMERCIAL ON ABC!!!

I am pretty sure that is what they were waiting for, so that Jamie would have a show, so it took 3 months before it would air. It also looked ot me like they got the thing in ONE take. Probably the easiest $10k Jamie ever made.

I am pretty sure that is what they were waiting for, so that Jamie would have a show, so it took 3 months before it would air. It also looked ot me like they got the thing in ONE take. Probably the easiest $10k Jamie ever made.

Probably the most memorable Gallery Furniture comercial too, huh?! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably the most memorable Gallery Furniture comercial too, huh?! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

THE most memorable Mattress Mac commercial to me, is circa 1981 or '82. Recorded LIVE at the Houston Coliseum during one of Paul Bosch's Wrestling gigs. The crowd was relentless, and basically BOO'ed Mac off the stage, but when it came time for Mac to do his "Save you Money" jump, EVERYBODY in the Arena chimed in with him, and he got the biggest most embarassed smile on his face. It was classic. I feel lucky to have been there to witness it firsthand.

Mac.jpg

Ahh! That was funny! Mac looked like he was having seizures!

Love that! :lol:

Thanks for posting.

Do you all remember when everyone hated Mattress Mac? People would talk about shooting their TVs when his commercials were on. He's so woven into the Houston culture now, that you can't really hate him anymore. He's here and we can't do anything about him. I think we finally embraced him somewhere around the early '90s. Does that sound about right?

Ahh! That was funny! Mac looked like he was having seizures!

Love that! :lol:

Thanks for posting.

Do you all remember when everyone hated Mattress Mac? People would talk about shooting their TVs when his commercials were on. He's so woven into the Houston culture now, that you can't really hate him anymore. He's here and we can't do anything about him. I think we finally embraced him somewhere around the early '90s. Does that sound about right?

I would say that is pretty darn close. He really has some class, the guy has done alot for this city, and other parts of the world. I think HE may very well try for Mayor someday. He could probably pull it off also. I think he has great business sense and a killer work ethic, but I am not sure I have ever heard him talk about politics at all.

Archived