Loyd Bentsen life and expressway ends?

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

As you might know Texas senator Loyd Bentsen died yesterday.

While that's the end of his life I wanna find out where's the end of his expressway. If you're downtown and on 59 where it joins 288 it says Senator Loyd Bentsen Expressway. I want to know how much of it is called that. Cause I always thought it was called The Southwest Freeway all the way into Downtown. where down the Loyd Bentsen Exoressway end and The Southwest Freeway begin?

I know out towards el campo and wharton there are/were some signs that said that. But yeah, its the southwest freeway. Its like how they named 290 the Ronald Reagan Freeway. Only nerds will call it that. Us cool kids will always know 59 as the Southwest Freeway ;)

His cut down of Quayle will go down as one of my top 5 political moment of all time. I am not sure what the other 4 are, but that comment was pure brilliance. Too bad Bensten was not the candidate with Dukakis as his running mate. He might have had a chance. Probably not, but we can dream.

While that's the end of his life I wanna find out where's the end of his expressway. If you're downtown and on 59 where it joins 288 it says Senator Loyd Bentsen Expressway. I want to know how much of it is called that. Cause I always thought it was called The Southwest Freeway all the way into Downtown. where down the Loyd Bentsen Exoressway end and The Southwest Freeway begin?

for some reason i always thought it ended when 59s meets 610w...?

• 2 months later...

Archived